Just picked up a brand new GT500

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I recently picked up a brand new 2014 GT500 first of August. It had 10.5 miles on the car. I love this thing. I did not want to have them transport it to me, so I drove out there to pick it up myself. Drove it back home (300+ miles) and loved every minute. On the way back I noticed a few things, some of which I found out looking and searching through the forums.

My questions:

1. When syncing my phone up via bluetooth and streaming audio, whether it be local music on the phone or Pandora/Google Music. How do I get it to show the Artist - Track or any of the ID3 tag metadata. Instead all I see is 'Streaming Audio' Ive pushed the 'Text' button but that does nothing

2. Also, I want to turn my text notifications off, but it says it is not supported for my phone when I go to settings and turn it off. I have the HTC One m8. Figured since its pretty new, it shouldnt have been an issue

3. I noticed my door sills colors do not change with the ambient lighting like that of my cousin's GT Premium. But I found how how to make the change to blue in the thread

4. I noticed there was a nice HOW-TO on installing a reverse camera on our cars. The question I have about this is, after installing the lockpick and camera, does it do away with the cobra logo when starting up the car? I read somewhere that it changes it to a mustang ...also in the dash where you would see the cobra and XXXmiles to empty, that also changes to a mustang. Is that true?

5. What are these little things located in the dome light section of the car. I have looked and cannot find anything on these. Attaching pictures

image 1
image 2

Anyways it's nice to be apart of this fine forum, and from all the posts and threads I've read, I know a lot of do's and don'ts now for future modding :)

I just got my windows tinted today, and it looks so good!

2014 GT500 Sterling Grey with Black stripes recaro seats, shaker pro 1000, navigation system, svt pack, performance pack, drag pack ... absolutely in love.

1- You should see the song/artist name. Are you sure your phone supports this? I cant remember, but I don't think I did anything special and I got that information from my phone when playing mp3's. I wonder if the app you're using to play music passes the info?

2. When you get in the car and sync up, press the volume button then quickly press the volume settings button. Then move the notifications slider to turn down the notifications sounds. You will have to reverse this when you get out of the car. I don't know of any other way around this issue.

4. I had one installed a while back, but I do not believe anything changed with either start up screen. I don't have the factory system anymore so I can't check.

Welcome to the forum :beer:

little-dw

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the information provided and the welcoming

I look forward to start some MODS coming first of the year. Just started building a 50x30 shop to store my new Shelby

little-dw

Established Member
1- You should see the song/artist name. Are you sure your phone supports this? I cant remember, but I don't think I did anything special and I got that information from my phone when playing mp3's. I wonder if the app you're using to play music passes the info?

2. When you get in the car and sync up, press the volume button then quickly press the volume settings button. Then move the notifications slider to turn down the notifications sounds. You will have to reverse this when you get out of the car. I don't know of any other way around this issue.

4. I had one installed a while back, but I do not believe anything changed with either start up screen. I don't have the factory system anymore so I can't check.

Welcome to the forum :beer:

nice to see someone local here in SC. Only an hour away from Charleston

Users who are viewing this thread