Just purchased a 2011 GT500 SVT. I have some questions.

Rachellynn

I purchased a 2011 GT500 SVT with 71,000 miles for $33,000 ( taxes and tags and $800 for the transport) all included. There were several appointments to see the car that day and someone test drove the car after me and wanted the car.

It looks all original and I am the third owner. The car came from California, and I purchased it close to Belmar NJ. The body looks great with only a small amount (penny size) of paint bubbling on the aluminum hood away from the stripe. The car runs exceptionally well.

I changed the dirty air filter (purchased from Lethal Performance). Next, I will have the oil and antifreeze changed.

First question, did I pay a fair price?

I am learning to drive the car ( I have a 1999 30th anniversary Trans Am and I had the engine redone and cammed with about 420 HP) So I can drive a stick. The Mustang definitely is very responsive. The shifting is much easier than the Trans Am and I would say easy. However, the response requires a very deliberate touch.

Question 2, I saw a new VMP 3 (I forget the liter size) blower advertised for $1700; does that sound like a correct price? I have no intent on doing it myself and I would use One Source.

Question 3, what is the correct VMP blower for this car? I will not take it to the track or race the car.

Question 4, It seems the stock 1.8 liter trinity kicks in at about 1/2 throttle. Does a VMP behave the same? I do not want to put the car in a ditch or worse.

Question 5, does the 2011 computer reengage the traction and stability like the newer GT500's?

Question 6, the stock tires seem to be too slick for use on streets, especially in the rain. What do you recommend? It does snow here, and I have no intent to drive the car in the rain or snow or when salt is on the streets. However, what happens if I go out and it rains or snows and I need to get it home?

Oh, the car is all black with black stripes (matt). Everything is black. I love this car. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3212.jpg
    IMG_3212.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 1 IMG_3213.jpg
    1 IMG_3213.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 83

buddha93

Established Member
Congrats on the purchase.

First question, did I pay a fair price? Market is still inflated post-covid, but the market is the market.

Question 2, I saw a new VMP 3 (I forget the liter size) blower advertised for $1700; does that sound like a correct price? Even for a used blower, that sounds pretty cheap. Do your homework on this one. Cost of the blower is one thing, youre looking at the supporting mods as well.

Question 3, what is the correct VMP blower for this car? I will not take it to the track or race the car. What are your power goals? Rods are the weak link here, you can safely make 700rwhp, I've seen plenty of cars go past this number.

Question 4, It seems the stock 1.8 liter trinity kicks in at about 1/2 throttle. Does a VMP behave the same? I do not want to put the car in a ditch or worse. Should be less than this, that's the good thing about this style blower, they build presure in the lower RPM bands.

Question 5, does the 2011 computer reengage the traction and stability like the newer GT500's? Each time you start the car, it's all turned on by default. You have to intentioanlly turn it off. It kinda works, kinda doesn't. I've blown right throught it with it turned on, but it does work, just a bit flakey IMO.

Question 6, the stock tires seem to be too slick for use on streets, especially in the rain. What do you recommend? It does snow here, and I have no intent to drive the car in the rain or snow or when salt is on the streets. However, what happens if I go out and it rains or snows and I need to get it home? If you've got a blower upgrade in your future, I'd highly recommend a drag radial. I run the Nitto's on my car, they work pretty well.

LS WUT

Established Member

First question, did I pay a fair price? Market is still inflated post-covid, but the market is the market.

Question 2, I saw a new VMP 3 (I forget the liter size) blower advertised for $1700; does that sound like a correct price? Even for a used blower, that sounds pretty cheap. Do your homework on this one. Cost of the blower is one thing, youre looking at the supporting mods as well.

Question 3, what is the correct VMP blower for this car? I will not take it to the track or race the car. What are your power goals? Rods are the weak link here, you can safely make 700rwhp, I've seen plenty of cars go past this number.

Question 4, It seems the stock 1.8 liter trinity kicks in at about 1/2 throttle. Does a VMP behave the same? I do not want to put the car in a ditch or worse. Should be less than this, that's the good thing about this style blower, they build presure in the lower RPM bands.

Question 5, does the 2011 computer reengage the traction and stability like the newer GT500's? Each time you start the car, it's all turned on by default. You have to intentioanlly turn it off. It kinda works, kinda doesn't. I've blown right throught it with it turned on, but it does work, just a bit flakey IMO.

Question 6, the stock tires seem to be too slick for use on streets, especially in the rain. What do you recommend? It does snow here, and I have no intent to drive the car in the rain or snow or when salt is on the streets. However, what happens if I go out and it rains or snows and I need to get it home? If you've got a blower upgrade in your future, I'd highly recommend a drag radial. I run the Nitto's on my car, they work pretty well.
^ All of the above. Hit the nail on the head my good friend.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to SVTP

Here is my build thread, full bolt on 2011. It should give you a very good idea of what you wanna put on your "go fast list" for a street car on 93 Octane. Including tires and getting the power to the ground safely.

VMP Gen 3 is garbage

VMP Gen 3R is 15% off right now, along with 15% off all kits so in theory you can get what's needed to safely run a 3R and make 700 rwhp

Tires: Toyo R888 outback , Michelin upfront

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! I'm sure we're on the same page here, but don't jump into any engine mods until you absolutely have polished goals. Drive the car for awhile, as well. You might decide that the factory power is sufficient and just do maybe a new intake and exhaust mods, with a tune if you want to tweak the power.

It's a clean, nice GT-500. Enjoy it! Oh, and welcome to SVTPerformance!

Rachellynn

Thank you. I checked the add again and it is does not include the blower.

Last edited:

Rachellynn

Thank you.

Rachellynn

Welcome to SVTP

Here is my build thread, full bolt on 2011. It should give you a very good idea of what you wanna put on your "go fast list" for a street car on 93 Octane. Including tires and getting the power to the ground safely.

VMP Gen 3 is garbage

VMP Gen 3R is 15% off right now, along with 15% off all kits so in theory you can get what's needed to safely run a 3R and make 700 rwhp

Tires: Toyo R888 outback , Michelin upfront
Thank you.

buddha93

Established Member
Thanks, I went a bit overboard.
I was actaully referring to my response. I try to get the point without getting into the weeds with it all. :)

LIke another member mentioned, drive it for a while, see how you like it. If it does't already have one, put a good aftermarket shifter on it, makes really fun to bang the gears on.

Rachellynn

I'm so upset with the members here it's unreal. You're a girl, and none of them asked for pictures of you, let alone nudes.
Now that is funny. I am not the most knowledgeable on cars and I use One Source for my work. I have found a bunch of really super nice people at cars and coffee and car shows. BTW my sister has a Dodge Demon.

Last edited:

FirstTexan

Established Member
Welcome to the SVT forum. As others have said, get to know the car. What mods you want or need will be more clear after a few miles driven. Get to know the different brands and applications.

Rachellynn

Hi, It has been 6 weeks since I purchased the car. I purchased it for several reasons. It looks beautiful and is all black with matt black stripes. Another reason was after watching videos of the 11-12 GT500 SVT. The last reason was the price.

I really love driving the car.

Users who are viewing this thread