Just traded my terminator for a 12 boss

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Damn $12k trade in is ****ing superb. Though theyll likely turn around and put it up for $18k and get it.

I'm highly doubtful he received 12k for it and I highly doubt anyone will pay that much for a cobra with that mileage.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I had GT500 axel back's and the disc's removed on the side exits on my '13 and it sounded beautiful. Nice tone while cruising and plenty aggressive at wot.

I don't know how you guys drive around with the discs out. I tried that for one day and holy shit was it loud. Definitely recommend the GT500 cat backs to start. That with the side pipes (discs in) sounds great IMO. Regarding the trans, start with a fluid change and either a shifter or just the bracket/insert. FR makes Boss specific springs which are pretty popular now. But just about any sort of lowering will cause you to loose traction due to the AS change without some sort of corrective measure (upper control arm, relocation brackets etc.)

Beautiful car, congrats.

coyotehp

Established Member
Great looking car!! Saw one just like this in Danville. Is this the same one?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Very nice upgrade. Sold my Terminator and bought a 2014 5.0 with ZERO regrets! Then traded that in on my 2014 GT500. Can't go wrong with the new stuff! You'll love it!

PS when I was 2014 shopping, my dealer offered me 12k for my Terminator, which was an 11k mile car mint shape on CCWs, I walked out laughing. Congrats on getting a good price for your car! You got a deal for sure.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Congrats! These cars suck you in. Most fun to drive car I've ever had. There is something about the Boss.... I drove a 13 GT500 before I got mine, it just did nothing for me other than the power of course. These Bosses have an amazing balance of handling, power and feel. Its a fun car!
Goodluck with it!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
OP, you must've had some meticulous service records! $12K for an 11 year old Mustang with 137K miles on it?? Wow!

86Fbody

Established Member
Drill out the faux fogs and lower it, and if you have shifter issues I greatly recommend the Blowfish bracket.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
To get a perfect in sync exhaust combo would be GT500 axlebacks and remove the side pipe disks. Borla S is good too. The kooks axlebacks are pretty quiet unless you go with an off-road midpipe then it sounds awesome! I've had just about every exhaust combo on my boss and settled with full kooks from the headers back (and side lol)

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
To get a perfect in sync exhaust combo would be GT500 axlebacks and remove the side pipe disks. Borla S is good too. The kooks axlebacks are pretty quiet unless you go with an off-road midpipe then it sounds awesome! I've had just about every exhaust combo on my boss and settled with full kooks from the headers back (and side lol)

I have the open side pipes with roush AB's...LOUD

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member

Would you take the side pipe disks off or just drill them out to 3/4?

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
And definitely wheels are going as soon as I need new tires lol

What kind of suspension should I go with? Just want a nice drop right now to give it that look.

Also going to do 20% all the way around will be pure sex then I think

Users who are viewing this thread