KB @ 17lbs OR Stage 3 Steige W/ 75 shot

87FOXGT

Established Member
Please for the love of god someone yell at me and tell me which way to go. :burn:

I have been struggling with this for over a week now, everytime i come on here i read about how happy people are with the ported eatons, and while i want to jump on the bandwagon, im concerned about whether or not they still run hotter then a KB would.

But on top of that a well tuned KB @ 17 lbs is no joke, why play with nitrous when i can have 600 rwhp on tap all the time :thumbsup:

But then again why spend all the money for a KB when i could go a cheaper route and have close to the same performance with a ported eaton, and superior performance with a 75 shot.

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

I just simply cannot make up my damn mind :whine:

:cryying: :cryying:

My head hurts. :cuss:

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
In the long run both are going to cost you the same. Many ported eatons w/n20 are starting to fry pistons. KB's are known to blow motors because people get boost hungry and then in turn fry pistons.

87FOXGT

Established Member
Tranzlucent said:
In the long run both are going to cost you the same. Many ported eatons w/n20 are starting to fry pistons. KB's are known to blow motors because people get boost hungry and then in turn fry pistons.

Hmm i havent heard of any ported/NOS guys frying pistons, is it anyone from this board?

Juiced-03

Established Member
A couple of the guys from Modularfords blew some engine with the nitrous too. I think it all starts with compression checks that don't come out normal.

Nitrous is now about $5 per pound in my area. Figure about $55 with tax for a 10lb bottle and that gets expensive over time! Some people I know fill their bottle weekly!

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Ask yourself how many cars in your area are going to hang with you with the ported blower? Then for the few that do, you can use nitrous on them. Also if money really isnt an option get the KB. I vote nitrous

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
see sig for my times.....and it has more left in it. Some other guy has been 10.47@134 with a similar combo, either way your gonna replace your bottom end sooner or later KB or n20/eaton

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
TexasLawDawg said:
KB AND a 75 shot is my plan! :)

you just have to be the fastest cobra in lubbock dont ya :bash:

just messin' with ya....atleast i'll be the fastest daily driven 03/04 cobra :beer:

Fast Willy

Established Member
Go with the whipple. It is much safer and the bunch is there when ever you want it. No worries about the bottle being empty. But if thats not enough power for you then you could do a shot of no2. I know 2 guys with whipples and no2 and have no problems and there cars are crazy crazy fast.

87FOXGT

Established Member
I think if i can find a KB 2.2 for under 3k i will go that route, ive never had nitrous before, so im sure i would get pissed having to fill it all the time. Cause if i DID go the NOS route, i know i would be sprayin to get to the gas station who am i kidding :bash:

Well, i still have some time before ireally need to start buying parts, so i guess i will have to keep my eyes open for a KB group purchase. :beer:

That is of course unless Steige offers another sale on stage 3 porting :poke:

:kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom:

I suck. :nonono: :loser: :fart:

Users who are viewing this thread