KB Cobra vs cammed LS1

silvrsrt

Established Member
FINALLY! I have been trying to get this video from my buddy for like the last 6months

enjoy :)

th_CapturedMedia001.jpg

3500 stall, Full exhaust, intake, all the bolt'ons and I think the T-rak cam?? not sure on the specs.

BTW- this is my old cobra :( now I am driving the heavy 04 vert in sig

02 SLP SS

Established Member
I know KB Cobras are fast as I have owned an 03 Cobra and several LS1's but that is either the worst running LS1 I have ever seen or he was having some problems hooking up. You should have ran away from a roll but he should have shot out of the hole and you play catch up from a dig. A T-Rex cammed, full bolt on, 3500 stall LS1 is a low 11 sec car.

Anything can happen on the street though nice kill!

Z28

Established Member
I know KB Cobras are fast as I have owned an 03 Cobra and several LS1's but that is either the worst running LS1 I have ever seen or he was having some problems hooking up. You should have ran away from a roll but he should have shot out of the hole and you play catch up from a dig. A T-Rex cammed, full bolt on, 3500 stall LS1 is a low 11 sec car.

OP said it was a T-RAK cam not a T-REX, big differenced there. Not suprised at all. Low 400 hp car vs high 500 hp. Nice runs

gnxs

Established Member

Not surprising at all, especially from a roll. The KB car should be trapping at least 10+ mph faster than a cammed LS1, which makes for an ass-raping on the street or track.

Then again, on LS1Tech there's a video of a bolt-on LS1 walking two ported/pullied Cobras (claimed 350 rwhp for the f-body vs. 500+ rwhp for the Cobras). :shrug:

I guess anything really can happen on the street. :lol1:

Last edited:

silvrsrt

Established Member
Rapage....good run. Why did you sell it?

was racing a big turbo srt4, got caught 120 in a 55, got screwed, sold car and bought an 04 vert. My 04 is a much nicer car BUT I miss the raw power of the KB car :( 571rwhp maybe one day I can twin screw or turbo my 04 :banana:

OP said it was a T-RAK cam not a T-REX, big differenced there. Not suprised at all. Low 400 hp car vs high 500 hp. Nice runs

I do believe it is the T-RAK. The LS1 has a 100 shot on it now, we are suppose to run again with my 04 ( I have 100 shot to ) :rockon:

02 SLP SS

Established Member

I have not ever heard of a T-RAK cam? Who makes that one and my point is still this. There is no way that a cammed, 3500 stall automatic, full bolt on LS1 car should get beat OUT OF THE HOLE FROM A DIG by a 6sp car on 17inch radials even if they are drag radials the stalled auto should get out on it from a dig and then the KB come around it on the big end.

Now from a roll the KB cobra should walk it.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
thats lame, racing a non blown car with a blown one. Race a '09 Vette Zr1 and get some real respect. Bad ass Cobra none-the-least

silvrsrt

Established Member
I have not ever heard of a T-RAK cam? Who makes that one and my point is still this. There is no way that a cammed, 3500 stall automatic, full bolt on LS1 car should get beat OUT OF THE HOLE FROM A DIG by a 6sp car on 17inch radials even if they are drag radials the stalled auto should get out on it from a dig and then the KB come around it on the big end.

Now from a roll the KB cobra should walk it.

my car had a SRA and was set up for the strip. I was on MT drag radials and that car would HOOK! 571rwhp and would hook in 1st most the time at WOT

The TA was on street tires and was having traction problems :burnout:

thats lame, racing a non blown car with a blown one. Race a '09 Vette Zr1 and get some real respect. Bad ass Cobra none-the-least

ya... :rollseyes

02 SLP SS

Established Member
my car had a SRA and was set up for the strip. I was on MT drag radials and that car would HOOK! 571rwhp and would hook in 1st most the time at WOT

I knew something had to be off as I suspected.

Good win for you but who in the hell tries to hook a 3500 stalled 400hp car on the street from a DIG on STREET tires. Hell that race was over before it began. He brought a knife to a gun fight. His only chance to win was to play the hook game and came with street tires on. :nono:

silvrsrt

Established Member

I knew something had to be off as I suspected.

Good win for you but who in the hell tries to hook a 3500 stalled 400hp car on the street from a DIG on STREET tires. Hell that race was over before it began. He brought a knife to a gun fight. His only chance to win was to play the hook game and came with street tires on. :nono:

ya but we did go from a roll and the out come wasn't much different lol

BleedBlueOval

Established Member

i'm a newb but even i know theres 3 ways you increase horepower: forced induction, stroke, or more cubes. chevy moves more air by more cubes, ford does it by forcing air in, both are legit. get a grip.

kuruma

Established Member
Reminds me of the supra vs lp640 video. total annihilation.
Good runs.

SVTBMG

Banned
Damn makes me wanna throw caution to the wind and put a KB 2.8 on my credit card. Love that scream.

Users who are viewing this thread