Keep No Valuables In Your Newer Car

Black Sex

Established Member
Reminds of the device in Gone in 60 Seconds when they were getting garage door frequencies

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IMO technology has evolved to the point where we are overly reliant on electronics/computer systems, and our hunger for tech outweighs our security concerns. So we have this false sense of security. In reality, we are vulnerable in so many ways every single day. This "mystery box" doesn't surprise me a bit. How about electronic locks used on homes and businesses. How long before thieves will be able to simply walk in with no forced entry. Much more scary a problem than our society wants to accept. Heck, you can unlock your car door and even start your car with a smartphone app. You can turn your house lights on and off with an app. You can arm/disarm your home security system with an app. See maybe a bit of a problem here? :dw:

Here's just one example. "COOL - Complete control of your home security system in the palm of your hand with your smartphone app."
https://www.ismartalarm.com/

gabe1530

Banned
this is crazy... i guess the cobra will never leave my garage. we might have to go back to the old ways and stick to classic muscle.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I thought they figured out that what they were doing was amplifying proximity key signals - to make the car think the owner is right outside of the car. Which in turn means the real key wasn't too far away to begin with.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
IMO technology has evolved to the point where we are overly reliant on electronics/computer systems, and our hunger for tech outweighs our security concerns. So we have this false sense of security. In reality, we are vulnerable in so many ways every single day. This "mystery box" doesn't surprise me a bit. How about electronic locks used on homes and businesses. How long before thieves will be able to simply walk in with no forced entry. Much more scary a problem than our society wants to accept. Heck, you can unlock your car door and even start your car with a smartphone app. You can turn your house lights on and off with an app. You can arm/disarm your home security system with an app. See maybe a bit of a problem here? :dw:

Here's just one example. "COOL - Complete control of your home security system in the palm of your hand with your smartphone app."
https://www.ismartalarm.com/

the convenience of some of that stuff is cool but the potential downsides with a smart thief are a bit much for me.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
CNN is so lame. They'd have you believe that the FBI is duped as well. Apparently they don't keep up with Youtube.:rollseyes

If you need answers, call the NSA. :-D

klr16G

Established Member
trust me this has been going down for a while its just getting big now so now something needs to be said. But same thing with garage door openers and what not all you need is a program to say that your are said user and unlock the cars manually. I love technology ha

makevelie187

Established Member
I never leave valuable stuff in my car. Best home security system, get a dog or two of them. I'd like to see someone try and break into my house with 2 100lb pits lol.

azmarkus

Established Member
Never keep any valuables in your vehicle, if you absolutely have to, put them in the trunk temporarily. Vehicle burglaries - usually - are crimes of opportunity and crimes of the desperate scumbags looking for a quick pawn, keep things out of sight.

I worked in LE for 25+ years, when people reported a vehicle burglary from a smash and grab, we would tell them, 'Do yourself a favor, just put the laptop on your hood next time, at least you won't have a broken window to deal with.'

Xx_Black-out

Dilly Dilly
Established Member
Reminds me a little of this video from a couple of years ago. Some guys stole a BMW 1M in less than 3 minutes by programming a blank key....crazy.

[youtube_browser]O3uU0eRZFdI[/youtube_browser]

leftlane86gt

Established Member
Battery kill switch. Not full proof but it would stump the thieves pretty good. Sucks to reprogram your radio all the time but, if you live in bad area it might be worth it.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
If someone breaks into my cars they might be lucky to get an old receipt for food, a pen or two, empty bottle or two, and a mini jack cord. That was one of the things my father taught me as soon as I started driving was to never leave anything valuable in the car if your going to be away from it in a public place

Users who are viewing this thread