Keep Your Cobra!!!!!!!

bunk22

Established Member
I love the looks. The interior is okay but the outside rocks. The important thing to me is comfort of driving. My 03 Cobra is not comfortable to drive with the shifter way to far forward. The seats in the Cobra are not comfortable either, to small for my liking. So I hope the new 06/07 Cobra will have at least these small creature comfort improvements. That car will most likely replace my current Cobra. Though I just read in GM HighPerformance that the new C6 Z06 may get a modern day 427 so that just might be the new car.

PDubs

Established Member
Who was the genius that decided A/C controls would be a great idea right smack in front of the shifter? I think that would annoy me to no end having either to contort your hand to adjust the temp, or reach around the shifter to the vent controls.

Fang

Established Member
Originally posted by Black Chip
What did you set your fan settings at? I've been meaning to do it. Rick from Amazon suggested 20 degrees lower on all of them???

I went down ten degrees on all the settings, I don't think there is 20 degrees of play there to begin with. They recommend that you take them all down the same.

Last edited:

KDog

Established Member
Yeah, don't like it. Is the trunk open, or is that already a sign of misaligned body panels? I agree, the interior looks very cheap.

10thCobra

Established Member
I agree with the interior, looks like it was rushed. I also wished they would have gone with a more aerodynamic shape, I wonder what the c/d of this thing is.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Ford is just going in a different direction. But I agree with you guys, I wish ford wasn't going retro.

Like I said on MF, I know this is nitpicking but I really don't like the dipstick they are using now. That large yellow handle looks cheap, and I bet its the long, thin metal dipstick. I like ours a lot, its much easier to read compared to the other kinds.

The parking break handle is not very nice looking either. But my biggest complaint is the platform. They are using the Lincon LS platform correct? It would be nice if the mustang would get its own platform someday, instead they went from sharing one platform, to sharing a new platform :shrug:

2814v

Established Member
That e-brake is god-awfull, the rest so-so. We got to remember ford has to keep this thing cost effective. I'm waiting for the new cobra before I give a thumbs up or down. I would never trade my 03 cobra for a 05 or above GT.

kpinco

Established Member
Originally posted by 2814v
That e-brake is god-awfull, the rest so-so. We got to remember ford has to keep this thing cost effective. I'm waiting for the new cobra before I give a thumbs up or down. I would never trade my 03 cobra for a 05 or above GT.

Agree on all your points!!!

kpinco

Established Member
Originally posted by KDog
Yeah, don't like it. Is the trunk open, or is that already a sign of misaligned body panels? I agree, the interior looks very cheap.

Trunk was open....they had it open to show the space. I wanted a pic with it down...but did not slam it shut.

03RedCobra

Established Member
I was at the World Ford Challenge today here in St Louis, and I talked with one of the REPS from the TREMEC transmission company. He said the next Cobra is definitely going to have the T-56 tranny again, and he said that 26-spline input shaft will be a part of the tranny from the factory.

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
I am going to keep my 03 till the engine wears out and then I am going to drop in a 5.0 cammer and a pro-charger.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Well...Monday is the first day for ordering them...so go get in line now. LOL.

I actually might buy a V6 for my daily driver. I think the V6 version looks a LOT better than the dippy GT. It doesn't have the half-assed attempt at ground-effects...and it doesn't have the big plastic-ringed lights in the grille. I think its much more retro and organized in its look, as well as restrained in a good way. A light metallic blue V6 with an auto would be a very nice daily driver indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread