Kenne bell 3.6 arrived

ozzygt500

Established Member
Very happy my kenne bell 3.6 arrive today ,thanks mike from kenne bell and all the guys from kenne bell
KENNE1.jpg
KENNE2.jpg
KENNE3.jpg
KENNE FRIENDS.jpg

Joewee500

Established Member
Built motor? From reading your other post you were only gonna push 18lbs boost. Seems pointless to go with the 3.6 unless you are planning ahead. Race your friends Vette when the KB is on. I'm curious if you pick up that 80hp you are looking for.

ozzygt500

Established Member
Built motor? From reading your other post you were only gonna push 18lbs boost. Seems pointless to go with the 3.6 unless you are planning ahead. Race your friends Vette when the KB is on. I'm curious if you pick up that 80hp you are looking for.

with my tvs I was max up,and here in mexico the altitude hurts a lot 7800ft ,with tvs 2.4 pulley only get 14.5 psi ,also I was losing maybe like 60-70 hp to move the tvs,and more heat soak, with kenne bell lq ,will be like 60 percent of his max ,no heat soak ,and a little parasitic lost ,im planning in a future to get built motor.

Joewee500

Established Member
with my tvs I was max up,and here in mexico the altitude hurts a lot 7800ft ,with tvs 2.4 pulley only get 14.5 psi ,also I was losing maybe like 60-70 hp to move the tvs,and more heat soak, with kenne bell lq ,will be like 60 percent of his max ,no heat soak ,and a little parasitic lost ,im planning in a future to get built motor.

I know the KB 3.6 is a different animal than the 2.8 I had but I woul never use Kenne Bell and no heat soak in the same sentence. Mine would get hot sitting in traffic and throttle body stuck.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I know the KB 3.6 is a different animal than the 2.8 I had but I woul never use Kenne Bell and no heat soak in the same sentence. Mine would get hot sitting in traffic and throttle body stuck.

As long as you have a good aftermarket heat exchanger with fans it wont get to heat soaked and the version 9 KB T/B is a big improvement and runs close to a stock T/B with the voltage set correctly.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Dont mind me, just a jealous 2v'er here. So much simpler just to slap a bigger blower on those engine than go through a custom turbo build.

Looking forward to hearing more about this.

Users who are viewing this thread