Kenne Bell Mammoth inlet Porting PART #2 Dyno Results !!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Congrats on the numbers and your car sounds mean!! If I had a shop like that anywhere close to me I would have a hard time keeping money in my pocket. Your confidence in Bill and his obvious tuning ability led me to ship my car to him. I know when I get it back I can have that same confidence it my car and tuner as you. Thanks for sharing .

Bill is a not so hidden Gem in the calibration world now...him and I will be flying to Colorado soon for a weekend tuning session..word is out on Mr Bill Miller. Bill said he will be calling you today to discuss your build....you got royally screwed on your purchase man on that car. Bill has a awesome game plan for you though.

Last edited:

TVS VERT

Established Member
Bill is a not so hidden Gem in the calibration world now...him and I will be flying to Colorado soon for a weekend tuning session with some unhappy email tune customers.....word is out on Mr Bill Miller. Bill said he will be calling you today to discuss your build....you got royally screwed on your purchase man on that car. Bill has a awesome game plan for you though.

Dates for Colorado im in

FORDMAN GT500

Established Member
InstaSize_zpsoynnptek.png

DYNO VID:
http://youtu.be/G6YPcTpleCA

Well....I can say im a bit shocked at these results. I was guessing +50hp with the 78mm TB and modded plenum....but we gained +66hp /54tq !!!!!! My previous dyno pull high was 870/763 now its 936hp / 817tq ....all with ZERO boost change. Just a more efficient setup :)

And ofcourse...gotta give thanks to my boy Bill Miller @ Pro Edge Tuning for cleaning her up on the dyno tune wise...car is a full fledged Animal. My wife and my Daughter came along for the session...they enjoyed the ride home :)

Very nice brother!! Wish I could of made it last night. Bill Miller @ Pro Edge Tuning is THE MAN!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Very nice brother!! Wish I could of made it last night. Bill Miller @ Pro Edge Tuning is THE MAN!

We had a good time...Dave came down to chill and see the shenanigans for himself..lol....he busted out the go pro and did the vid I posted up.

Last edited:

cluscher

Established Member
Sorry, may have missed this somewhere along the way. What Psi and what fuel was the dyno comparison? Btw, gains definitely exceeded what I was expecting. Nice job!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Sorry, may have missed this somewhere along the way. What Psi and what fuel was the dyno comparison? Btw, gains definitely exceeded what I was expecting. Nice job!

E85 out of the pump
3.75" / 15% lower @ 6200 its rated for 21.5psi & @ 6400 we saw 23.7psi ....car has been on this exact pulley and fuel combo since I installed the 3.6 this summer.

cluscher

Established Member
I run about 16 psi on my built motor with a 2.8 on open track. Temps do get up there and Torco is really my only reasonable option. We have 92 here and I run my street tune. Definitely plenty of power for what I'm doing, but I'm always mindful of the temps and keep an eye on when/how much timing is pulled. No matter as the GT3 RS guys just come back to the pits and say WTF!? Unfortunately E85 does not exist out here....I would love the peace of mind that comes with it.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I run about 16 psi on my built motor with a 2.8 on open track. Temps do get up there and Torco is really my only reasonable option. We have 92 here and I run my street tune. Definitely plenty of power for what I'm doing, but I'm always mindful of the temps and keep an eye on when/how much timing is pulled. No matter as the GT3 RS guys just come back to the pits and say WTF!? Unfortunately E85 does not exist out here....I would love the peace of mind that comes with it.

Basically E85 opens up doors that only race fuel use to do...and now its available out of local gas pumps. Yes a TRUE gas pump fuel capable of bigtime hp. I thank all thw early pioneers who tested it for us....I researched for MONTHS before I switched over. I do however still run 93 in colder months and all I do is swap tunes and a pulley and im good to go. E98 & C85 are a whole other realm of ethanol fuels that boost power potential...havent made it there yet myself though.

Now another thing to remember is these big twin screw KBs build boost...its not instant like a TVS so im seeing 23.7psi for only 200 rpm...it hits 19psi..climbs to 21.5 @ 6200 then hits 23.7psi @6400 so the average is much less than 23.7psi...the max numbers only tell a part of the story.

Last edited:

cluscher

Established Member
Basically E85 opens up doors that only race fuel use to do...and now its available out of local gas pumps. Yes a TRUE gas pump fuel capable of bigtime hp. I thank all thw early pioneers who tested it for us....I researched for MONTHS before I switched over. I do however still run 93 in colder months and all I do is swap tunes and a pulley and im good to go. E98 & C85 are a whole other realm of ethanol fuels that boost power potential...havent made it there yet myself though.

Now another thing to remember is these big twin screw KBs build boost...its not instant like a TVS so im seeing 23.7psi for only 200 rpm...it hits 19psi..climbs to 21.5 @ 6200 then hits 23.7psi @6400 so the average is much less than 23.7psi...the max numbers only tell a part of the story.

I get that, and drag racing is definitely a different application than mine. My initial inquiry really revolved around the limits of E85. I have read in various places that real octane ratings are in the 94-96 range, but I also get this is just part of the equation as is the cooler intake charge. I really haven't seen someone claim a limit for the E85, and I am still curious as to what that is. With your setup, albeit with boost of 20+ psi in shorter stints, it is nonetheless super stout. To be able to run it on fuel you can get from the pump at a reasonable price is pretty damn sweet. Seeing its use in applications like yours validates the claims for sure.

Again, great work on the plenum and many thanks for sharing the results. Definitely peaks my curiosity for my 2.8. I'm not a numbers guy, but ways to gain efficiency while adding power is always appealing!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I get that, and drag racing is definitely a different application than mine. My initial inquiry really revolved around the limits of E85. I have read in various places that real octane ratings are in the 94-96 range, but I also get this is just part of the equation as is the cooler intake charge. I really haven't seen someone claim a limit for the E85, and I am still curious as to what that is. With your setup, albeit with boost of 20+ psi in shorter stints, it is nonetheless super stout. To be able to run it on fuel you can get from the pump at a reasonable price is pretty damn sweet. Seeing its use in applications like yours validates the claims for sure.

Again, great work on the plenum and many thanks for sharing the results. Definitely peaks my curiosity for my 2.8. I'm not a numbers guy, but ways to gain efficiency while adding power is always appealing!

E85 = 105 OCTANE
E100 = 110 OCTANE
E70 = 100 OCTANE

That should help your octane curiosity...just google E85 Octane rating and theres a few charts with the break down...essentially what I run is 105 all the time with almost zero chance of detonation. It really is a wondeful fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread