Kennebell throttle Body issues

MattR

Established Member
I have the 168 on my 2011, other than a rough tip in it drives fine. Once your above idle that tip in or surge is gone. Lund is tuning mine.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
My 3.6 with twin blade ported 75 mm KB tb drives like stock minus those stupid brass gears binding when they get hot. That's not a tune issue...that's a material issue...Delrin gearing would make these TBs much better.

Blackmax

Established Member
My 3.6 with twin blade ported 75 mm KB tb drives like stock minus those stupid brass gears binding when they get hot. That's not a tune issue...that's a material issue...Delrin gearing would make these TBs much better.

Everything is great with my car other than it will not start saying the throttle body is forced closed. If I unlock the throttle body spring it starts and runs great.

MattR

Established Member
Up by me I had a tuner basically tell me I messed up and KB Is junk. I assume it's because he can't tune it. Too bad because lund remote has yet to make mine run the way it should. It really needs to go to a shop at this point but nobody in Michigan will touch it. I emailed KB and never got a reply.

08cobrajet

SVT Addict
Established Member
Why not publish the SCT value file or calibration data for the throttle body?

x1000
well that would be simple enough but the answer my dad got today is.... we do not share this info...
we have work very hard to make this work and will not share any of this.....
well i guess having many customers with issues doesn`t matter to some`... go figure
one of my dads friends spent over 10k to get this K/b stuff and now this is what he gets... if only he could go back he politely says....
as for us personally, we do not have a problem with Kenne Bell... we simply don`t use any of it

Last edited:

TVS VERT

Established Member
The info i got direct from david at KB was that for the 168mm Monoblade KOEO tps voltage needs to be set at .59v and the dual 75mm needs to be set at .68v

This figures seem super low to me but im not tuner

Joewee500

Established Member
I have the intermittent failsafe and that's with a stock KB 75 and 2 ported ones. It failsafes on the shift at wot. It could happen the first time a floor it or the 10th time during a drive. I logged it happening and waiting to hear reasons why. If it's a throttle body issue then I will put this stock New in box KB75 on. If it still does it I'm burning car to the ground and collecting insurance.

TVS VERT

Established Member
With the KB 168 mono my TPS voltage is set at .58v , idles all day at 800rpm, zero idle hang and currently have just as good if not better drivability than when I 1st had the Ford racing whipple Kit with the cj65 and the factory Ford procal tune.

01BLKBOLT

Established Member
Im having the same issue with my KB Throttle body. It will go into fail safe mode after engine reaches operating temperature. I can pull over and restart and it will run fine for another mile or two then does it again. I took the twin 75mm KB off and bought a brand new one from KB and installed new electronics as well and it still does it! Maybe the headers are causing too much heat for the throttle body and causing it to bind, dunno, but it always sets the P2112 code, throttle body stuck closed. Anybody have a solution? Im about ready to burn my Shelby!:cryying:

01BLKBOLT

Established Member
Voltage is set @ .68 per KB and Jon Lund tuned it. Car runs great otherwise. Im at a loss where to go next.

Users who are viewing this thread