Kid gets away with murder for being too rich.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Murder impies theres pre-meditation to commit the crime....I doubt he planned this...

1st degree murder implies pre-meditation. No, this would not qualify as first degree murder. However, willfull negligence in the form of driving while intoxicated certainly falls under manslaughter and depending on the courts involved and other circumstances, can include 2nd degree murder.

I'm not a lawyer, but having sat in on a murder trial, I could see the prosecution going after involuntary mansalughter at the very least here. With as many driving related charges as possible.

Where criminal court has failed here, it looks like civil court may prevail. He and his parents are currently being sued by about 5 people for damages ranging to about 20 million.

That boy won't spend a day behind bars, but I doubt him and his family will be able to afford his "affluenza" after all the dust settles.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
1st degree murder implies pre-meditation. No, this would not qualify as first degree murder. However, willfull negligence in the form of driving while intoxicated certainly falls under manslaughter and depending on the courts involved and other circumstances, can include 2nd degree murder.

I'm not a lawyer, but having sat in on a murder trial, I could see the prosecution going after involuntary mansalughter at the very least here. With as many driving related charges as possible.

Where criminal court has failed here, it looks like civil court may prevail. He and his parents are currently being sued by about 5 people for damages ranging to about 20 million.

That boy won't spend a day behind bars, but I doubt him and his family will be able to afford his "affluenza" after all the dust settles.

His family comes from oil money, they will be fine.

The judge that allowed this to happen needs to be dis-barred.

This.

One of the most atrocious things I have ever seen in the justice system.

03RedCobra

Established Member
Can anything be done to the judge? He is clearly wrong. He should be forced to retire

What do you mean?? The judge didn't do anything wrong, he has "affluenza" himself. It came from having too much money in his pocket from the rich family sticking it in there.

clean92lx

Established Member
What do you mean?? The judge didn't do anything wrong, he has "affluenza" himself. It came from having too much money in his pocket from the rich family sticking it in there.

Yea but it was just a Christmas bonus. The money wasn't for getting away with murder.

leftlane86gt

Established Member
His parents are garbage and they have raised their son to break the law the same way they do.

According to a report from Mail Online, citing municipal records, Couch’s father Fred, 48, and mother Tonya have cumulatively racked up more than 20 criminal and traffic offense dating back nearly 25 years, though like their son, neither has felt the steely confines of a prison cell. (Most of the larger cases against the duo had been dismissed, though in two theft cases, Fred made restitution to his accusers, making the cases go away.)

PHOTOS: The Luxurious Rehab Center ‘Affluenza’ Teen Ethan Couch Will Be Treated At — Take A Peek Inside!

Fred Couch — who reportedly let Ethan live on his own after his split from Tonya — has had four criminal misdemeanor allegations and 18 traffic citations (paying for nine of those). He’s been arrested in connection with theft, evading arrest and domestic violence. The latter occurred in 1996, when he was accused of assault against his ex-wife Tonya. Fred, according to court records, “intentionally and knowingly caused bodily injury to Tonya Couch by striking [the woman] on or about the face with his hands causing Tonya to fall, and by grabbing [the woman] on or about the neck with his hands, scratching [the woman's] neck.”

He got out of it when Tonya agreed to a sworn affidavit of non-prosecution, making the case go away.

As for Tonya, her biggest legal infraction came ten years ago — and on the road — when she was fined $500 and sentenced to six months of community supervision in connection with misdemeanor reckless driving, after authorities said she tried to run another driver off the road. Tonya, according to court docs, “intentionally and knowingly drove a motor vehicle in a willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.”

PHOTOS: Celebs Involved In Murder

She’s also been cited in connection with speeding, and three counts of failing to adequately secure minors.

clean92lx

Established Member
If this affluenza bull shit is the reason 4 innocent people lost their life, then the people who caused the affluenza should be prosecuted (shit bag parents)!!

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
"Billy was right, he said 'Kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight!'"

Amazing how many doors are opened for you when you have $

Hope the family loses everything they have in the civil suit(s)

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
"Billy was right, he said 'Kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight!'"

Amazing how many doors are opened for you when you have $

Hope the family loses everything they have in the civil suit(s)

Civil side is going to rape them. Didn't kill 1 person.....4!!!! :nonono:

Parents should get jail time since they were proven to be unsatisfactory in raising him. :nonono:

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

I wonder if the judges hands were tied by the law. It's easy to blame the judge but I wonder exactly what the finite details of the law state in this exact circumstance.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I don't condone this by any means, but with him being 16 how can he be tried as an adult and face the penalties at that level? Also, the kid clearly has made many mistakes in his life (and obviously continues to do so) but the lawyer is the one who used the "affluenza" bs line, not him. The media is so funny. The headlines should read, "circus court system allowed lawyer to use "affluenza" as legitimate case against prosecutors". Like this is any news to any of us the U.S. court system is a joke? I mean come on. Plus it sounds like we all have our 'correct' media sources, as i've heard the dad was just a metal fabrication plant manager (not the yatch toting billionaire the media makes him out to be, who knows...)

I think what i'm trying to say is, the kid is a dirtbag, but so is the court system and the media... yet they get off scott free.

Users who are viewing this thread