Kid's punishment for misbehaving in class.

musclefan21

Established Member
there was no need to tape this. but the kid needs to know that the parents mean business. That father is saving hat kid's life. I was spanked as a kid and I thank everyday for it.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
He did a few things I don't approve of like cursing at the kid (and took it a little overboard with the AMOUNT of spanking, i'd say about 5 hits would've been fine) but I'll gladly take this over: "sweetheart stop screaming and pounding on the floor please. Don't hit mommy that's not nice. Go to your room!"

None of that liberal crap works as well as when a kid sees "that look" in his/her parents eyes and they know what's comming.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Brings me back old memories as well. If you have parents that are immigrants or second generation you "BEST-T0-BELIEVE" this is the type of punishment your getting hands down. I was never a trouble marker but I didn't like to concentrate in school. I remember a handful of times my mother hitting me with a belt and me getting bruises on my butt. To tell you the truth the anticipation of getting hit almost hurts twice as much then getting blind sided with it. I remember I took a piece of candy from the store and got hit in the hands with a wooden spoon, and kneeling in the corner of the house with my hands in the air which leads me to my next point.

I have friends that never been disciplined in there life like I did and they turned out not so good. They have bad mouths, get into constant trouble, making kids and not even being married, dude its war zone for our generation. This is great that he punished his son so he knows not to cross the line. The cursing could of be done with out but that depends on adult.

Last edited:

Quasar Z

Established Member
As a father of three very active boys (ages 11, 9 and 7) I feel that discipline is extremely important. They get to a point where they want to challenge you (and your wife) and you need to show them that you make the rules, they follow them. With that said, I have never had to nor wanted to do what the guy in the video did. I applaud him for making sure that the boy understood how important it was to do well in school and behave respectfully, but there was no need for:

- video taping the incident
- swearing at the kid
- shaving, or even threatening to shave, his eyebrows
- beating him as excessively as he did

The point could have been made with fewer whippings and shaving his head, in addition to taking away all of his privileges and making him work his ass off around the house. I am glad that he is keeping the boy in line, I just feel that he went past the point of necessity. The punishment must match the crime...in this case what will he do to the kid if he misbehaves at a worse level in the future?

bull3441

Established Member
maybe if he raised the kid instead of Grandma the kid wouldn't be acting out. everything he did would bring a child neglect case in NY. the belt is only illegal if marks are left in NY.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
that woman that said it was absolutely child abuse never raised child period. Some children need a stern hitting to be set straight, and they spin it off as child abuse.

61mmstang94

Established Member
that woman that said it was absolutely child abuse never raised child period. Some children need a stern hitting to be set straight, and they spin it off as child abuse.

A good spanking is not abuse, it's good discipline. But if you watched that video and thought the child wasn't being abused then you're a jackass. There's a difference in intimidation/verbal assault/disrespect and good assertive discipline.

As another example, take a dog. If you scream at it and abuse it, it'll become abusive to others. If you asseritvely discipline your dog with respect then it'll turn out alright. It's very similar with how you discipline your child believe it or not.

There's actually a method to being a good parent. It's not just going ghetto on your kid and abusing them and thinking you're a good parent. That video showed horrible, irresponsible parenting.

Last edited:

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
They said in the vid that he was actually mentoring the child so it wasn't even his kid!

maybe if he raised the kid instead of Grandma the kid wouldn't be acting out. everything he did would bring a child neglect case in NY. the belt is only illegal if marks are left in NY.

SFlaCobra

Established Member
I've seen hundreds of times...the kids from my generation whose parents have opened up a can of butt-beat when they needed it are almost always great young adults that I enjoy being around. The ones who used "time out" and "grounding" and all that other PC bulls*** have kids that are self-centered whinny little pains in the ass that nobody wants to spend more than 5 mins around.

+1 million

Users who are viewing this thread