killed a trans am last night

99cobrasvtstang

Established Member
i was drivin down the strip last night and passed a advanced auto parking lot when i noticed a blue car about to pull out into the lane next to me, as i past i kept lookin in the mirror to see where he was at, i looked and looked but couldnt see where he had went, so i pull up to the next stop light look around and still no sign of him then out of the blue i hear someone rein up like crazy, he was 2 cars behind me, as the light turns green i get on it a little bit to beat the car beside me so i can switch lanes, 2 cars pass on my left and what do you know the 3rd car was him, i down shift into 2nd runnin about 35mph and lay into it just to mess with him, he pulls up beside me and does the same we played around for about a half a mile patiently waiting for the cars in front of us to move, speed up an get in front of him and turn down a long back road that is straight for about a mile i come to a stopand he pulls up nxt to me and asks if my car is s/c i said no shes bone stock, how bout yourself? you have anything done to yours? he says just some little stuff like 40 series flows with no cats, a racing clutch an a air intake, i shrug my shoulder and said lets run em, he shakes his head like he is going to own me. he hollers from a 25mph roll so i give him the thumbs up, i roll up my window and make sure my seat belt is secure lol we get up to speed and i honk the horn 1.....2.....3 BOOM were off i start to pull maybe half a car lenght then hit second.. he gains until i start to hit about 5 grand then i started pllin heavy on him, i hit 3rd and was easily a car lenght infront of him, threw it in th and looked in the passenger mirror,he was a good 2 car lenghts behind me, i looked down at the speedometer and it was rising to 113, so i let off and slow down. he pulls upeside me at the stop sign and said damn! im tradin this in on a cobra! i laughed and said you cant go wrong with a ford bubba ;) he puled off and back to town i went lol

99cobrasvtstang

Established Member
yes bone stock, it was a 96 had the lt1, im pretty sure a ls1 would have performed much different lol i dont know i have never ran a ls1 any of you?

16kOrBust

Established Member
Very nice kill! Yeah, it was probably an LT1. An LS1 probably would have got you pretty good if you're stock, but sounds like a great race.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Awesome! Good Kill. Those LS1's are not to be toyed with in stock form usually ;)

burnzilla

Established Member
Hmmmm..... 0-80 a basically stock LT1 should hang with a stock late 90's Cobra pretty easy.
Good run though, its the street.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I have seen it go both ways with LT1's. From all my friends and people I knew that had these cars, the 99/01 4valve is stronger stock for stock and mod for mod usually. I have seen quite a few races between the 2 in stock and near stock form. Depends on the driver mostly, but with equal skills the Cobra always won. Once my buddy learned how to drive his 99 he couldnt beleive how quick the car really was lol. He was coming out of 5.0 GT's and wasnt used to a rev happy engine. He beat severaly bolt on LT1 cars that alot of people (myself included) didnt expect him to.

Users who are viewing this thread