killed a trans am last night

Slowmofo

Wut?
Established Member
No it was sarcasm.. Most don't know WS6 or SS's are not really any quicker then a normal LS1 Camaro or T/A

I get the "is that a WS6 all the time" Only thing that is missing is the hood..

99cobrasvtstang

Established Member
okay, i dont know too much about chevrolet but i have a friend with a ws6 and i was told that have the same motor as a vette so i wasnt sure, alot of people in this town seem to think just because there car cost more or hsa a bigger motor is quicker, i got one down and a sht load to go haha

S8ER01Z

Established Member
there faster than a terminator?

Nope...Terminators are much faster...

My 2nd time out to the track in my M6 LS1 Car...

13.19 @ 108.59mph on a 2.1 60ft....

A well running LT1 car is going to run
13.6 ~ 13.8 @ 101~103ish mph...(including the extremes obviously)

99cobrasvtstang

Established Member
well thats one of the couple mods im fixin to purchase, im workin on a exhaust set up, buyin a short throw shifter and gear wise im thinkin some 3.73's

DanTheMan18

Established Member
3.73's? Not bad. It definitely helps wake up the car. Personally, I'm debating on whether I want to go steeper or not, I purchased the Cobra with everything listed in the sig, with the exception of the short throw.. I'll have some tires and some other suspension upgrades to help combat the wheel hop, so I'm trying to fight the urge to bump up to 4.10's.

99cobrasvtstang

Established Member
dont even say the words "wheel hop" again lol i hate that sht with a biggest passion, after a couple of little mods im gonna get that takin care of

burnzilla

Established Member
what mods are needed for a stock LT-1 to run with or beat a stock LS-1?
Not many.
Headers and gears will do it.

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/stock-lt1-vs-stock-ls1-in_52197.htm"]stock lt1 vs stock ls1 both trans ams are now in t - Video[/ame]

S8ER01Z

Established Member
what mods are needed for a stock LT-1 to run with or beat a stock LS-1?

1994 LT1 M6
MAC Headers W/ORP
SLP 2OTL exhaust
SLP CAI
Spec Stage 3 with Aluminum Flywheel
LS1 DS
Strange 12bolt w/ 4.11s
B+M shifter
1.6 RR's and hotcam springs

13.05 @ 108.44 1.96 60ft

For example. :)

Slowmofo

Wut?
Established Member
okay, i dont know too much about chevrolet but i have a friend with a ws6 and i was told that have the same motor as a vette so i wasnt sure, alot of people in this town seem to think just because there car cost more or hsa a bigger motor is quicker, i got one down and a sht load to go haha

a WS6 and a normal run of the mill T/A have the same motor. The WS6 got a lid, and a slightly better catback and in the auto's 3.23 gears, 17in rims and a hood.

The motor is the same in the base c5 corvette and LS1 equiped Firebird and Camaros

Some say SS and WS6 cars were quicker then Reg T/A's and Camaros, but I know Mod for mod my t/a was faster then my friends SS.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
a WS6 and a normal run of the mill T/A have the same motor. The WS6 got a lid, and a slightly better catback and in the auto's 3.23 gears, 17in rims and a hood.

The 3.23s were available as an option on the normal models. :)

Some say SS and WS6 cars were quicker then Reg T/A's and Camaros, but I know Mod for mod my t/a was faster then my friends SS.

A lot of people claim the WS6/SS cars are faster but it's difficult to prove. The fastest time I know of was done by a Z28 and the fastest SS I know of was 1 tenth slower.... it really comes down to the car itself... any individual LS1 Fbody can be faster than another LS1 Fbody regardless of the badges. :)

Slowmofo

Wut?
Established Member
The 3.23s were available as an option on the normal models. :)

yep

A lot of people claim the WS6/SS cars are faster but it's difficult to prove. The fastest time I know of was done by a Z28 and the fastest SS I know of was 1 tenth slower.... it really comes down to the car itself... any individual LS1 Fbody can be faster than another LS1 Fbody regardless of the badges.
:)

I agree :rolling:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
yes bone stock, it was a 96 had the lt1, im pretty sure a ls1 would have performed much different lol i dont know i have never ran a ls1 any of you?

A stock Auto LS* would be a good run for you.....but with lid, exhaust and tune you wouldn't stand a chance w/o some really good mods. I've run a few and they are no joke.

99cobrasvtstang

Established Member
okay well i undertand all that now, can somene explain to me what exactly is different about the mach 1 vs a gt or cobra? are they pretty much the same ar as a gt or cobra just different intake and gears or what? what the horsepower rating on a stock mach1?

DanTheMan18

Established Member
okay well i undertand all that now, can somene explain to me what exactly is different about the mach 1 vs a gt or cobra? are they pretty much the same ar as a gt or cobra just different intake and gears or what? what the horsepower rating on a stock mach1?

Mach 1 - solid axle, 4 valves per cylinder, higher compression than a 99/01 Cobra, a couple other things I can't think of right off the top of my head. I believe they were rated a bit higher than the 99/01 Cobra, which is "rated" at 315 horsepower.
99/01 Cobra - 4 valves per cylinder, independent rear suspension. Sexy tail lights.
03/04 Cobra - Iron block, supercharged, improved independent rear suspension, etc.
GT - 2 valves per cylinder, solid axle.

There's a lot more in the differences, that's just a very basic crash course for you.

99cobrasvtstang

Established Member
well the solid axle in the mach1 would explain why there was no wheel hop in the one i test drove b4 i bought mine. i noticed a quicker throttle reponse in the mach1 also

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Mach 1 - solid axle, 4 valves per cylinder, higher compression than a 99/01 Cobra, a couple other things I can't think of right off the top of my head. I believe they were rated a bit higher than the 99/01 Cobra, which is "rated" at 315 horsepower.
99/01 Cobra - 4 valves per cylinder, independent rear suspension. Sexy tail lights.
03/04 Cobra - Iron block, supercharged, improved independent rear suspension, etc.
GT - 2 valves per cylinder, solid axle.

There's a lot more in the differences, that's just a very basic crash course for you.

Nice breakdown. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread