Killer Chiller gen 2 problems 03 cobra?

BlownShelby10

Established Member
What kind of maintenance is needed for the gen 2 killer chiller? I cant even honestly tell if its working. I just bought the car and the temps don't seem to drop when air is on...Any help would be much appreciated

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
they aren't a maintenance item

What are you monitoring saying they aren't dropping?

I can't really remember how much IAT2 would drop when running the KC on my Lightning. If you open the intercooler res it should be pretty cold.

They sold kits and people also custom plumbed them with valves to bypass the KC to keep AC in the cab as cold as possible. I would follow your intercooler lines look for an in-line valve somewhere.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Depends on your AIT2 numbers to begin with, the outside temp, humidity, etc….I assume the heat exchanger is hooked up because your incooler coolant would be overheating with no HE and the AC off.

Is your AC cold when it’s on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cobracide

Established Member
So you're heat exchanger is removed or does it have a 3-way valve? If you have the valve - the HE should be bypassed when operating the KC.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I highly advise that you learn auto AC. Go watch a handful of youtube videos, buy an okay AC gauge set, and you will save a whole bunch of time.

With that said, what is your exact system? Are you running a H/E? Do you have an underhood tank or stock reservoir? How is your killer chiller routed? I can help you out, but really need some basic info.

BlownShelby10

Established Member
Honestly im new to the whole killer chiller. Previous owner said it was a gen 2 killer chiller. Stock reservoir. So im not even sure where its located on this car honestly.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly im new to the whole killer chiller. Previous owner said it was a gen 2 killer chiller. Stock reservoir. So im not even sure where its located on this car honestly.
I believe they usually cut the foam on the crash bar behind the bumper cover. You would only see the lines

BlownShelby10

Established Member
If someone could maybe text me and I can shoot them some pics of everything and then possibly help that would be awesome…Would anyone be interested in doing that?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If someone could maybe text me and I can shoot them some pics of everything and then possibly help that would be awesome…Would anyone be interested in doing that?

the new site has made it pretty easy, take pics on your phone and attach them from your phone.

As far as vent temps - get one of those cheap thermometers that read 0-100+ from the grocery store and throw it in the AC vent, go cruise down the highway at 60-70mph and tell us what the vent temp is in the center stack.

You can also get an idea of what it is/isn't doing by driving the car around with the AC off - what's your peak and rough average IAT2? Then go drive the same loop with the ac on max and record the same numbers. Don't make a highway run though, do a loop through town with stop signs/traffic lights etc...

Users who are viewing this thread