Killer chiller vs heat exchanger

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
Killer Chiller hands down. Im in so-cal as well and have had mine for 3.5 years and absolutely love it. One of the best mods Ive done to the truck

If you get a chance some of the local So-cal guys are meeting at the Tilted Kilt in Temecula for some food and drinks on June 10th come stop by and check out the killer chiller and meet other owners

SVT BLACKOUT

THE BATRUCK
Established Member
Killer Chiller hands down. Im in so-cal as well and have had mine for 3.5 years and absolutely love it. One of the best mods Ive done to the truck

If you get a chance some of the local So-cal guys are meeting at the Tilted Kilt in Temecula for some food and drinks on June 10th come stop by and check out the killer chiller and meet other owners

I wont need to retune??

Sounds awesome ill try to make it out

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
We put a temp gun on mine yesterday. The fluid inside was 48* on a 90+* day once the engine warmed up.

The ONLY con is your a/c has to be on for it to work. But if you are ok with that, there will be no problems. If you want to play, the AC compressor kicks off when you go WOT anyways.

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
It works great and as SVT BansheeMan said the fluid temps get extremely cold even on hot days

Install is easy with hand tools and takes a couple hours. And once you recharge the AC there is no servicing or anything like that. I havent touched mine since installing it a few years back and it is still going strong.

AC on to take effect of it, which isnt a big deal here in so-cal. I always have my ac on anyway. Cruising with the AC on keeps temps low while cruising so that if someone wants to play you are ready with out having to worry about temps. I look at the alternative...which is stuffing ice in an aftermarket tank. At the track thats fine, but while cruising the street you cant get out at a light and start stuffing ice in the middle of the road.

Also works with controls in defrost mode or defrost/floor so you can have heat in the cab when its cold and your temps will still be lower for the IC

Like I said its was money well spent for me. And if I get another ford supercharged vehicle that a KC is available for it will definitely be getting a KillerChiller

Last edited:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Price must of when up. Well you have to pay to play. He's a nice guy and will help you over the phone.

I wont try to swing off his nuts. You also have to pay a shop to recharge your A/C if you cant do it yourself. Some shops wont even touch a modded A/C system as some people say. You dont NEED a killer chiller. The computer pulls timing if the inlet temps get too hot. For the track you can back an aftermarket inter cooler resi with ice.

I just bought mine because i want colder inlet temps than an aftermarket heat exchanger can provide. And the no drip advantage of the race kit add on means no ice at the track. But he is still testing that add on with a test mule lightning and that L's owner.
Oh ok so you still get the power like if it was off
I dont know what you mean by that. The A/C has to be on for it to work. You can not turn off the killer chiller. If the A/C compressor is on, so is the killer chiller.

Last edited:

justinr1001

Established Member
I have been thinking about getting one for mine. When its hot and just cruising on the open highway i usually see about a 30-35 degree difference between ambient temp and my charge temp. Like if its 90 outside, my charge temps will be atleast 125-130. If i come to a stop they climb to 145 in no time. How much will a KC help? If it knocked it down 20 degrees will it make anymore hp vs the more heat soaked blower?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'd also get an aftermarket intercooler resevoir because there's still not enough fluid in the stock system in my opinion. You go full throttle with a stock resevoir and it'll heat that fluid up fast.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I have been thinking about getting one for mine. When its hot and just cruising on the open highway i usually see about a 30-35 degree difference between ambient temp and my charge temp. Like if its 90 outside, my charge temps will be atleast 125-130. If i come to a stop they climb to 145 in no time. How much will a KC help? If it knocked it down 20 degrees will it make anymore hp vs the more heat soaked blower?

A KC will do wonders for your truck. Yes it will make a lot more hp with the chilled intercooler fluid.

Mine has one that holds 2 gallons. The fluid will barely feel warm, and the charge temps will be way up there.

With that 2 gallon cell the KC fits your truck perfectly in my opinion.:rockon:

The reason I like the larger intercooler tank is when you go full throttle your A/C kicks off. So now it comes down to "do you have enough fluid in your system so it won't still heat the water up in no time by flowing through the system to many times in a short period"? To me the stock system is lacking in enough fluid so an aftermarket i/c resevoir is a great and smart addition to any SVT supercharged vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread