Kills in 2013 Shelby

2013Trinity

Established Member
Ferrari 458 Italia - two guys...one with sweet dreadlocks. Wouldn't look over at me after the first pull. Nothing better than toasting rich guys.

BMW M6 Convertible - this one was sad. The guy had his top down (me too) and was quite proud of his new ride. Still had the temp tags on it. This one wasn't close. I honestly felt bad for the dude. To lay down $$$ like that and then get demoralized by a lowly Mustang.

Modded Evo - Fortunately this was rolling...pulled away hard, but glad I didn't end up at a stoplight next to him.

C6 Gransport Vette with Blower - pulled him, but not hard. He was definitely surprised. Here in Utah, he's probably never lost a race before.

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
The Ferrari specs

Displayed underneath a glass window like the piece of art that it is, the 458 Italia's heart is a direct-injected 4.5-liter V8 cranks out 562 horsepower at 9,000 rpm (125 horsepower per liter, a record for naturally-aspirated piston engines). Torque is rated at 398 lb-ft at 6,000 rpm, 80 percent of which is available from 3,250 rpm.

Not much for $350k but it does do 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. lol

Sick03Vert

Banned
The Ferrari specs

Displayed underneath a glass window like the piece of art that it is, the 458 Italia's heart is a direct-injected 4.5-liter V8 cranks out 562 horsepower at 9,000 rpm (125 horsepower per liter, a record for naturally-aspirated piston engines). Torque is rated at 398 lb-ft at 6,000 rpm, 80 percent of which is available from 3,250 rpm.

Not much for $350k but it does do 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. lol

You buy a Ferrari to own a Ferrari. Regardless of if you get stomped by a Civic, it is STILL a Ferrari. Those cars are works of art. Absolutely beautiful and on an entirely different level. :coolman:

Good kills OP, but if you rolling started on a modded Evo, I'm glad it was running the stock turbo. A AMS or G35R Evo = Game Over for pretty much anything less than a sub-10 second car.

And...I like the M6, but dang...WAY overpriced. Good kill there. :beer:

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
You buy a Ferrari to own a Ferrari. Regardless of if you get stomped by a Civic, it is STILL a Ferrari. Those cars are works of art. Absolutely beautiful and on an entirely different level. :coolman:

Good kills OP, but if you rolling started on a modded Evo, I'm glad it was running the stock turbo. A AMS or G35R Evo = Game Over for pretty much anything less than a sub-10 second car.

Thanks for explaining to me what a Ferrari is. Lol

2013Trinity

Established Member

Agreed, Ferrari's are beautiful works of art, but when you roll a Ferrari, you're driving around with a target on your back, and so many cars are so fast these days, you're going to get toasted regularly. I'd way rather spend less money on a 2013 shelby, do $3K in bolt on mods and almost never lose.

However, if you're a track guy...the 458 is pretty awesome. I drove one at Las Vegas Motorspeedway. It was way more car than I was driver.

On the Evo comment. The G35R marketing materials claim that kit will put you in the 11s at sea level with killer 60' times because they're all wheel drive. An Evo that will hang with a modded 2013 shelby from a roll has had some SERIOUS work done to it. I have yet to see one. I've raced many of them at the drag strip and they have a big grin on their faces until about 150' ft. out, and then this look of helplessness washes over their face as the Shelby doesn't walk, but runs away.

Don't be fooled by my 1/4 mile time...that's at a DA of 7000. 2013s and 14s are mid 10 second cars with bolt ons at sea level, with typically horrible 60' ft. times, which tells you, once they're rolling, they are pulling hard.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Agreed, Ferrari's are beautiful works of art, but when you roll a Ferrari, you're driving around with a target on your back, and so many cars are so fast these days, you're going to get toasted regularly. I'd way rather spend less money on a 2013 shelby, do $3K in bolt on mods and almost never lose..

ferrari is a 10 second car stock, right from the factory, where it is completely hand built. you're not going to get 'regularly toasted' in that car. spending $60k on a car that starts as a $20k rental car with $25k in parts bolted onto it is your preference--nothing wrong with it. just realize people buy things for all different purposes. some will argue why buy the GT500?? why not a $5k fox with 20k in parts and run 9's??

keep in mind i owned a '13 too--mine sucked, and was/is traction limited here in wisconsin--one was running 12's where i live not too long ago, and he was pullied, etc.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Agreed, Ferrari's are beautiful works of art, but when you roll a Ferrari, you're driving around with a target on your back, and so many cars are so fast these days, you're going to get toasted regularly. I'd way rather spend less money on a 2013 shelby, do $3K in bolt on mods and almost never lose.

However, if you're a track guy...the 458 is pretty awesome. I drove one at Las Vegas Motorspeedway. It was way more car than I was driver.

On the Evo comment. The G35R marketing materials claim that kit will put you in the 11s at sea level with killer 60' times because they're all wheel drive. An Evo that will hang with a modded 2013 shelby from a roll has had some SERIOUS work done to it. I have yet to see one. I've raced many of them at the drag strip and they have a big grin on their faces until about 150' ft. out, and then this look of helplessness washes over their face as the Shelby doesn't walk, but runs away.

Don't be fooled by my 1/4 mile time...that's at a DA of 7000. 2013s and 14s are mid 10 second cars with bolt ons at sea level, with typically horrible 60' ft. times, which tells you, once they're rolling, they are pulling hard.

All I can say is..I've seen some KILLER Evo's. Most people running a G35R aren't running just that.

IMO there are some to look out for. I've seen some crazy ones.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member

those are base model prices. the cars can be optioned with $80k in carbon fiber upgrades, and another miscellaneous $20k in options. i've looked (seriously) at buying one of these and may easily do so in the future. most buyers don't get the base model 'stripped down' version. they option the car out quite a bit. i'd expect to pay $300k, at least, for a new one.

TrevorR90

Banned
I hate when people say, "You can get a mustang and invest $xx,xxx amount of money and still end up a lot cheaper than said car and smoke it". So what? At the end of the day, its a mustang.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
those are base model prices. the cars can be optioned with $80k in carbon fiber upgrades, and another miscellaneous $20k in options. i've looked (seriously) at buying one of these and may easily do so in the future. most buyers don't get the base model 'stripped down' version. they option the car out quite a bit. i'd expect to pay $300k, at least, for a new one.

maybe so, but that's not what I responded too

OP sorry for the thread jack, I'll leave it as that

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member

Exactly

Fassssst

Established Member
I hate when people say, "You can get a mustang and invest $xx,xxx amount of money and still end up a lot cheaper than said car and smoke it". So what? At the end of the day, its a mustang.

Yep , you're right . And at the end of the day ( at least in THIS post ) , it still beat a Ferrari . DUH !!!! I want what you're smokin' !!!!!! If you feel this way , why are you a multiple previous Mustang owner ????? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread