Kills in 2013 Shelby

Fassssst

Established Member
Driving a fast Mustang and beating high end exotics just makes that win soooooo much sweeter . It IS " only " a Mustang , so can you imagine how the Ferrari owner feels !!!! rofl

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I hate when people say, "You can get a mustang and invest $xx,xxx amount of money and still end up a lot cheaper than said car and smoke it". So what? At the end of the day, its a mustang.

This. Not to mention Shelby's are not cheap. It's a mortgage payment and way out of reach of most people. It's not like taking someone down with a foxbody that you have 10k into.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Driving a fast Mustang and beating high end exotics just makes that win soooooo much sweeter . It IS " only " a Mustang , so can you imagine how the Ferrari owner feels !!!! rofl
people with civics have the same mentality. Did you come from the civic crowd?

I wonder how you guys feel when you dumped 50k into your mustang only to get freight trained by a ugr ferrari or lambo?

I looove the '13 gt500 but a 458 is insane!

2013Trinity

Established Member
ferrari is a 10 second car stock, right from the factory, where it is completely hand built. you're not going to get 'regularly toasted' in that car. spending $60k on a car that starts as a $20k rental car with $25k in parts bolted onto it is your preference--nothing wrong with it. just realize people buy things for all different purposes. some will argue why buy the GT500?? why not a $5k fox with 20k in parts and run 9's??

keep in mind i owned a '13 too--mine sucked, and was/is traction limited here in wisconsin--one was running 12's where i live not too long ago, and he was pullied, etc.

The 458 is not a 10 second car stock...mid-11s at 125, which is about what the Shelby is stock. 60' ft. times are certainly better in the Ferrari because it carries much more of its weight over the rear wheels. This tells you that from a roll a stock Shelby pulls a stock 458. How do I know? I've done it. I pulled the 458 BEFORE I had my car modified, in a heavy convertible with all options. A bare bones 2013 is about 200 lbs. lighter than mine.

2013Trinity

Established Member
Ask your wife if she'd think you were sexier if you had a 9 second civic.

Then ask her if she'd think you were sexier if you bought a Ferrari, but it will come out of her clothes budget.

Then ask her if she'd think you were sexier if you bought a 10 second Shelby, and gave her $150K to spend on clothes that you saved by NOT buying the Ferrari.

Then take her out on a date in your Shelby. You end up next to a Ferrari and smoke him...she likes that.

Then you end up next to a civic that starts to smoke you then blows up.

2013Trinity

Established Member
I forgot one of my kills!

At Rocky Mountain Raceway I killed a civic with a parachute, full cage, slicks, the driver even had a neck collar. It was typically a 9 second car.

Well...he crushed me off the line and about half way down the track he blew a line or something and I beat him by a couple of car lengths. He was coasting at about 80 MPH and I trapped at 122 MPH.

Part of winning a race is NOT breaking down.

Then I drove home with my AC on and parked in the garage.

TheHitman™

Established Member
The 458 is not a 10 second car stock...mid-11s at 125, which is about what the Shelby is stock. 60' ft. times are certainly better in the Ferrari because it carries much more of its weight over the rear wheels. This tells you that from a roll a stock Shelby pulls a stock 458. How do I know? I've done it. I pulled the 458 BEFORE I had my car modified, in a heavy convertible with all options. A bare bones 2013 is about 200 lbs. lighter than mine.

If you think your car is as fast as a 458 stock, you are sadly mistaken. 458's take out Z06's in stock form decisively. They've trapped as high as 132mph in the 1/4 mile. I know the new 2013's are great roll racing machines in stock form but you have your hands full stock for stock. Not to mention 458's are doing 11.2's in the 1/4 with magazine drivers.

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
That Ferrari is a great car but it doesnt even compare to the Aventador.

The Aventador runs a 10.4 stock, is three times sexier, and women know not to wear panties when they get inside.

What I dont understand is why anyone would buy the 458 for $350k when you can get the Aventador for $50k more and have twice the machine.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
If you think a new Shelby is cheap...I must be dirt poor. I hereby ban you from using the rich guy card.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member

Then ask her if she'd think you were sexier if you bought a Ferrari, but it will come out of her clothes budget.

Then ask her if she'd think you were sexier if you bought a 10 second Shelby, and gave her $150K to spend on clothes that you saved by NOT buying the Ferrari.

Then take her out on a date in your Shelby. You end up next to a Ferrari and smoke him...she likes that.

+1 and good kills, the price point argument goes out the window when you start talking about cars kids drive in high school.

2013Trinity

Established Member
If you think a new Shelby is cheap...I must be dirt poor. I hereby ban you from using the rich guy card.

Fair enough! I grew up racing a 73 Chevelle with a posi carrier I pulled out of a wrecked trans am at a salvage yard. I remember the first time I broke into the 15s! Even if you have $$$, seems like if you grew up a poor boy, you're always a poor boy at heart.

scottGT500

Established Member
Ferrari 458 Italia - two guys...one with sweet dreadlocks. Wouldn't look over at me after the first pull. Nothing better than toasting rich guys.

BMW M6 Convertible - this one was sad. The guy had his top down (me too) and was quite proud of his new ride. Still had the temp tags on it. This one wasn't close. I honestly felt bad for the dude. To lay down $$$ like that and then get demoralized by a lowly Mustang.

Modded Evo - Fortunately this was rolling...pulled away hard, but glad I didn't end up at a stoplight next to him.

C6 Gransport Vette with Blower - pulled him, but not hard. He was definitely surprised. Here in Utah, he's probably never lost a race before.

What are your mods...

TheHitman™

Established Member

Sorry. This is the most retarded comment in this thread. If you have enough money to afford a Ferrari, you have enough cash to get your wife a ton of cash for a shopping spree. It sounds like you want to justify your kill by using the price point. You sound just as bad as those civic owners again.

Most guys I know who have 458 Italias or the like are able to not only get the car, but buy their wife an R8, take her out on a 200k shopping spree to get any clothes she wants and also own a TT Gallardo that would make you look dumb. So why argue the price point when the person with the nicer car doesn't care?

This is in no way hating on your car, but if you are trying to imply that the Ferrari is overpriced, you are sadly mistaken. Nice rare things cost big money. Sounds like you are jealous of those with big money.

As for cheaper cars that can beat you there are a ton, and won't blow up when beating you, import or domestic.

Last edited:

Fassssst

Established Member
people with civics have the same mentality. Did you come from the civic crowd?

I wonder how you guys feel when you dumped 50k into your mustang only to get freight trained by a ugr ferrari or lambo?

I looove the '13 gt500 but a 458 is insane!

Civic crowd ???? Now , thats funny !!! Have never owned or even driven one . Nice try though . Get your head outta your ass , it must be too dark in there for ya !! civic mentality - Jesus !!! :bash:

Dave5.0

Established Member
People need to take it easy. OP is just happy he took out a Ferrari. Wouldn't you be!?.
Nowhere did he say his Shelby was a much better or nicer car - he wasn't a prick and didn't give attitude about it.

Beating that must've been awesome! I would've had a mile wide smile.

2013Trinity

Established Member
Sorry. This is the most retarded comment in this thread. If you have enough money to afford a Ferrari, you have enough cash to get your wife a ton of cash for a shopping spree. It sounds like you want to justify your kill by using the price point. You sound just as bad as those civic owners again.

Most guys I know who have 458 Italias or the like are able to not only get the car, but buy their wife an R8, take her out on a 200k shopping spree to get any clothes she wants and also own a TT Gallardo that would make you look dumb. So why argue the price point when the person with the nicer car doesn't care?

This is in no way hating on your car, but if you are trying to imply that the Ferrari is overpriced, you are sadly mistaken. Nice rare things cost big money. Sounds like you are jealous of those with big money.

As for cheaper cars that can beat you there are a ton, and won't blow up when beating you, import or domestic.

Sounds to me like you LOVE rich guys!

The guys in the 458 that I smoked seemed to care and looked quite ashamed. They also didn't pull over and say, "wait here while I go get my Lambo". Also, I CAN afford a 458, I've driven one on a track, and I simply don't want one, even if it was $100K. IMO, guys that buy Ferraris buy them to be seen in them and prove they're rich. That's just NOT my style.

In closing, what do you mean by "justify your kill by using the price point"? I'm not following you.

2013Trinity

Established Member
People need to take it easy. OP is just happy he took out a Ferrari. Wouldn't you be!?.
Nowhere did he say his Shelby was a much better or nicer car - he wasn't a prick and didn't give attitude about it.

Beating that must've been awesome! I would've had a mile wide smile.

It was quite enjoyable. I passed the 458 going the other way and flipped a U-turn to egg them on. Chance of a lifetime!

BTW, what does OP mean?

Users who are viewing this thread