Knight Rider Car Sound.

cobra101

Established Member
Hi All,

Guess it's no secret that the sound of the GT500 in Knight Rider is.....A Terminator.

Yes.. A terminator. It's a 2003 Cobra with a 2.75 RR upper and a Mac 3" cat-back.

Sounds pretty good I'd say. Good s/c whine.

-Cobra101

cobra101

Established Member
YES, ABSOLUTELY. I work on the show. I actually left the sticky goo on my back bumper from when we went out and mic'd it up. One mic on rear bumper cover and one under the hood right near s/c. We went into the canyons and recorded for about 2 hours. The start ups are from the terminator too.

-Cobra101

lococobra03

Established Member
YES, ABSOLUTELY. I work on the show. I actually left the sticky goo on my back bumper from when we went out and mic'd it up. One mic on rear bumper cover and one under the hood right near s/c. We went into the canyons and recorded for about 2 hours. The start ups are from the terminator too.

-Cobra101

Thats ****in cool:rockon:

cobra101

Established Member
replica?

From what I understand they are all real GT500's. I would think they have a few cars.

And Yeah, I was obviously VERY happy to say the least when I heard we were going to record it. They DID RECORD the REAL GT500 as well and it is used to some degree as well.

I hope it goes a second season next year.

-Cobra101

Ps. I posted just to let other Terminators know and be proud, and for no other reasons.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
replica?

From what I understand they are all real GT500's. I would think they have a few cars.

And Yeah, I was obviously VERY happy to say the least when I heard we were going to record it. They DID RECORD the REAL GT500 as well and it is used to some degree as well.

I hope it goes a second season next year.

-Cobra101

Ps. I posted just to let other Terminators know and be proud, and for no other reasons.

Are you SURE you work on the show? None are real GT500s. :bs:

From what I've seen in PICS and from the people who BUILT the cars, they are 3v Motors. :read:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Okay, where does the truth lie here? I would love for this to be true. Would be pretty cool to have the Terminator being the "stunt double" for a GT500. LOL!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
replica?

medium_2266960961_c186b930df_o.jpg

medium_2267748634_de7840355c_o.jpg

One or two have Whipples, the rest are N/A, and a few don't have motors at all. :read:

cobra101

Established Member
Never seen the shooting/set cars.

Hi,

I know they had a real GT500 to record on a track. If they don't have any real ones on the show, they probably rented one for the track day. The GT500 recordings would not cover even half of what they needed to cut the show.

The supervisor (who has been in my car) ask if we can record it, being it sounds VERY similiar to the GT500.. The majority of the car sounds in KR is my car. I do not care if anyone believes me or not. I kept the sticky goo from the mics on bumper for myself, not for anyone else. It is friggin weird when I do watch a little of the show and hear my car. Awesome, but weird.

As far as the quality of the show I shouldn't comment. I know the acting is not what it could be, but they are getting back to the goofy style that made it popular in the 80's. I hope they continue next season.

As far as Heroes, My car is NOT heard in that show.

-cobra101

Ps. I don't mind discussing the show/my car/sound process, but I will not debate whether it's my car or not anymore. It's mine, take it or leave it.

Last edited:

coild

Established Member
Check out this article:

http://mustangs.about.com/od/modelyearprofiles/a/knight-rider-kr.htm

According to it, they are NOT real GT 500's. Just Mustang GT's that are modified to look like a Shelby.
Read the last sentence of the last paragraph on page one, and the second paragraph on page two.
I find it hard to believe that NBC would fork over all the money needed to purchase actual Shelbys.
You gotta remember... Its Hollywood!!

Hey CobraBob, I love the way you worded your post: Where does the TRUTH LIE here? Not sure if that was intentional, but I thought it was worded perfectly. So maybe the truth is lying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread