Kocky Products/93 Cobra shirt is a REALITY!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Here's the trick - so that people know it's a 93 Cobra, we need to be able to see the things that make a 93 Cobra Unique in the pix. In other words, most likely some type of shot from the rear would be best, since the tailpipes/spoiler/rear bumper cover are the unique features.
Would like some type of drag launch shot, although I'm open to a possible road course shot as well.

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
I personally would rather not have a pic of one on big and littles and with a cowl hood. I'd buy it anyway if that's what you make, but it'd be nice to have a more stock appearing 93 Cobra.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I'll prob photoshop stock style wheels/tires, and the hood isn't really an issue since you can't see it from the rear.

And yes, I'd rather see more of a stock looking car too.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
yes I would like a shirt with a more regular cobra on it , the wheels and the front grill make the 93 stand out just as much as the rear spoiler, see attached photo
Cobra2.jpg

stangbear427

Established Member
I disagree. The wheels won't be turned in a launch pic, making them hard to see, and everyone and their sister has a Cobra grill insert. While I think a more stock looking Cobra is better, the rear shot IMO is still far superior.

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
yes I would like a shirt with a more regular cobra on it , the wheels and the front grill make the 93 stand out just as much as the rear spoiler, see attached photo
Cobra2.jpg

Now that's more like it. I like the drag strip as much as the next guy, but I don't live and breathe that stuff, like most of us. I dunno, it's personal preference I guess, but the thought of a rear end shot on a drag strip really doesn't appeal to me. To me, the wheels are the single most thing that stood out on the car, I feel it's important to have a good view of those. Maybe an angle shot or something from a rear corner.

Last edited:

stangbear427

Established Member
There are already shirts with that very picture on it from the Ford Catalog. Buy that one. In fact, almost every shirt I've ever seen with a '93 Cobra on it looks almost exactly like that.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Ben your 60ft are very good especially with your sway bar still hooked up. You have about the same suspension I do I think. What do you set your struts and shocks at for the strip?

I set the fronts on setting 1 and the rears are Tokico blues which are non adjustable. I plan to change those to Illuminas as well but so far I have had pretty good success with them with track bite and on the roadcourse.

I think launching at 5500 on slicks and spray has a lot to do with my good 60 fts.

(Sorry to hijack, just answering a question here).

I personally would like the look of a modded Cobra for the Kocky shirt :rockon:

vemom93

I'm down for atleast 2 shirts myself, but you guys have any ideas on when your gonna start making em? I think any quality shirt with a pic of a 93 cobra is cool with me... Personally I like the looks of the modded ones, but only if they retain the 3 main entities. Wheels, Spoiler, and color.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I disagree. The wheels won't be turned in a launch pic, making them hard to see, and everyone and their sister has a Cobra grill insert. While I think a more stock looking Cobra is better, the rear shot IMO is still far superior.

I see more fake cobra spoilers on all types, GTs, LXs, verts everything, then I see the grill added. every where I look I see the spoiler and tail lights on mustangs., But to each his own.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I'd love too, point me in the right direction, I've never seen them.

I was thinking the same thing. Also thinking of having some made up for my site. 1993cobra.com , just didnt know if they would sell.

stangbear427

Established Member
I see more fake cobra spoilers on all types, GTs, LXs, verts everything, then I see the grill added. every where I look I see the spoiler and tail lights on mustangs., But to each his own.

Here's some homework for when you're REALLY bored:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=539102

55 pages of Foxes. You will see literally hundreds of Cobra grill inserts, and only a handful of Cobra spoilers on anything but Cobras.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Guys, you're gonna have to trust me on this. The wheels need to show up, as well as the spoiler and rear end with the cobra bumper and pipes.

I'll know the shot when I see it.

To me, it's not enough to have just the grill insert and wheels - those are the easy addons. It's the addition of all the parts that most people don't do. I just think a rear shot shows off more of the cobra specific parts than any other shot does.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
It is an awesome pic, but it is a little dark, which causes detail to fall out. Plus, it's pretty obvious it has big and littles on it. I'd rather have stock style rims and a rear shot.

Users who are viewing this thread