Kona Blue 5.0..........

Jaysin

Established Member
Absolutely love the color, bet it'd look great with black wheels.

203Cree

Established Member
Gorgeous. You are not helping me at all with my self control. And I could believe you on the keeping clean thing. I rented a Kona vert in Maui and it was dirty 10 minutes leaving the lot. Shows EVERYTHING.

Mr Incredible

Established Member
i know guys i know harder then black right? its true i only say that bc im a detailer and ive had 5 black cars already,all easier to maintain then this blue!!! i got the blue figuring oh the metalic will hide alot. wrong its like the flake amplifies it, oh well the detailing every other day will go on lol. thanks for coments.

I'm going to have to agree with the OP. That's the same color as my 2010 427R. I've owned 3 black cars,and currently own a black Trailblazer SS,and this Kona blue shows everything!!! I am constantly using swirl remover, and polishing, and waxing. It shows every little scratch and rock chip.

Blue03

Established Member
Awesome pics and car. I ordered a Kona blue 2011 GT and am supposed to take delivery this week. After looking at these pics I wish it were tomorrow! Beautiful car!

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
What a fantastic color! Car is sick.

If you are a detailer by trade then you probably know better than I would, but black sucks ass to keep clean. I've had 3 black vehicles as well and they were a PITA. If this is worse than that, I'd hate to have it. It would just stay dirty. Lol

10thcoupe

Banned
lol thanks for the cooments i wasnt sure of the color at first but i like it now, and yea it is as hard if not harder then black. just pops more then black does

hioficr

Established Member
Beautiful!

I love it! I recently ordered a Kona Blue 5.0 and after seeing your pics I am happy with my decision.

I've always driven black cars...had a black 2002 Subaru WRX, a black 2004 Hyundai Tiburon, and now (until my 5.0 arrives) I am driving a black 2007 Dodge Caliber. I was hoping the Kona blue would be a little easier to clean but from the sound of it its not. :(

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
10thcoupe,

Great looking coupe & nice clean daytime shots. This is the first time I have seen clean/clear up close photos of the metallic Kona Blue paint in the sunlight. Maybe it's just the angle of light but the paint has much more metallic flake in it then I thought it did.

But I have to fully disagree with the "hard to keep clean" statement you made. No color (without any exceptions) is harder & take more work to keep clean then a semis-gloss black car. It's just a fact... !

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great looking GT! I, too, love the Kona Blue. Great color. Drop it a bit and you'll love it a ton more. Gotta love the '11 GT! :beer: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread