Kooks GT350 Long-Tube Headers Video

03Predator

Established Member
Yeah, Humboldt is one of the few, if not the only, county in CA that doesn't require annual smog checks. Lucky me, I guess. I don't like the smell of o/r exhaust, though, so the green cats would be the way to go for me.

That is true, things might also be a bit more lax up north. Either way, they help kill the smell which some LEOs can pickup on a catless car

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Considering its catted, and filmed from behind some glass, based on the reflections I was seeing, this will sound very good in real life. I can speak from experience that exhaust clips don't sound great when compressed into digital format.

Power wise, it's up on torque for sure. The dead spot between about 2500-4000rpm went by like nothing, and it reached the top of 1st very quickly, about half a second faster than stock.

I'd imagine these headers and cats were worth ~25-30whp and at least 20lbs of torque peak to peak, but under the curve and after peak hp, even more substantial gains as well.

Headers back, cai, e85, tune should make about 525-550whp on gt350's. About 50-75whp as an entire system. on 91-93 octane, probably 510-525.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Do these cars come factory with an X pipe or H pipe? I assumed X. I would think it would sound like horseshit with an H.

Car sounds killer with the headers. Props to Kooks! Curious to see some before and after dyno results

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Photo%20Aug%2015%201%2024%2021%20PM%20smallzz.jpg

_GT350_xpipe_1.jpg

SCalla1384

Established Member
Thanks Tob! I figured.

I don't see why people would want an H pipe on it. It's an exotic motor, not supposed to really sound like a big American v8. Idk, until I hear it I think it will sound like crap.

Can't wait to start seeing these cars with full exhaust/intake and the top tuners out there really working on them

Joe_Charles

Established Member
This is my car and I about as excited as a little kid a few days before Christmas! I hope to have the car in time to make the WannaGOFAST 1/2 mile race in 2 weeks. Right now the car is still sporting the factory OEM catback. The headers are a completely new design developed specifically for the 5.2L Shelby. The whole idea was to build a premium header for this car from the get go. It features a 1 3/4" to a 1 7/8" stepped design with a 3" catted X-Pipe.

I picked the car up on a Monday from the dealer and had it at Kooks by Thursday. It was on the dyno at Roush / Yates on that Friday morning with only 97 miles on the odometer. The car will be going back to Roush any day for more dyno testing. They expect to test a few different components looking for the best HP / TQ curves.

When the design is finalized, expect a full press release from Kooks Custom Headers.

Thanks for the props! Thanks for sharing Steve.

krt22

Established Member
My bad. Then put stock cats and X back on and switch out to magnaflow

And why would they do that? The point is to maximize performance/power with these headers and high flow cats (the stock cats are integrated to the stock headers) And why would Kooks throw a magnaflow system on a car they are working on?

SCalla1384

Established Member
This is my car and I about as excited as a little kid a few days before Christmas! I hope to have the car in time to make the WannaGOFAST 1/2 mile race in 2 weeks. Right now the car is still sporting the factory OEM catback. The headers are a completely new design developed specifically for the 5.2L Shelby. The whole idea was to build a premium header for this car from the get go. It features a 1 3/4" to a 1 7/8" stepped design with a 3" catted X-Pipe.

I picked the car up on a Monday from the dealer and had it at Kooks by Thursday. It was on the dyno at Roush / Yates on that Friday morning with only 97 miles on the odometer. The car will be going back to Roush any day for more dyno testing. They expect to test a few different components looking for the best HP / TQ curves.

When the design is finalized, expect a full press release from Kooks Custom Headers.

Thanks for the props! Thanks for sharing Steve.

Very sick sounding car man!

Curious, any thoughts of running an off road X? I think the stock mufflers sound so good, I'd keep them. Very curious to see how much it picks up on the dyno. Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread