Last Night my 5.0 and an older GT 500

BlueSnake01

Established Member
So wait, let me get this straight. You're telling it took you a sales person to tell you that new technology is better than old technology? Congrats O.P, I hope you're not surpised 10 years from now when a V6 Mustang is better than your 5.0

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
this kid has alot of room to talk. Why dont YOU upgrade. Im where i like to be. I'll enjoy the price of my car to increase while yours will continue to depreciate. You are the reason why most typical mustang owners have a bad name.

You seriously think your GT500 is actually going to appreciate? What do you think the 2013 GT500 is going to do the value of your car? Why don't you go ask the owners of '05-'10 GTs what happens when a similar but far superior successing car is introduced?

:bs:

At any rate, if you're buying cars as an investment, you need some professional financial advising and possibly your head examined as well.

CobraLife07

Established Member
You seriously think your GT500 is actually going to appreciate? What do you think the 2013 GT500 is going to do the value of your car? Why don't you go ask the owners of '05-'10 GTs what happens when a similar but far superior successing car is introduced?

:bs:

At any rate, if you're buying cars as an investment, you need some professional financial advising and possibly your head examined as well.

I actually bought my car to establish credit to have a house built as soon as my car is paid off. I will be 23 when my car is paid off, so I don't need any financial advising

As far as the appreciation, No it will not. I said that not thinking short term. MAYBE 60-70 yrs yes. look at the SS camaros and mustang mach 1's and such going for more than what the original purchaser bought it for. But like I said, it will be many years. Mine being the first year the 500 was reintroduced MAY have some importance, Who knows??

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
I actually bought my car to establish credit to have a house built as soon as my car is paid off. I will be 23 when my car is paid off, so I don't need and fincial advising

As far as the appreciation, No it will not. I said that not thinking short term. MAYBE 60-70 yrs yes. look at the SS camaros and mustang mach 1's and such going for more than what the original purchaser bought it for. But like I said, it will be many years. Mine being the first year the 500 was reintroduced MAY have some importance, Who knows??

so you're saying that you're going to keep it for about 60-70 yrs to try to make some profit out of it? :lol1:

CobraLife07

Established Member
If I keep this car I won't be alive for another 70 years :beer:

hey dtr, there's a meet in cocoa coming up may 26, if you're interested in going

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Hey Thunder I see you are in NY..... downstate?

if so I have a old style slooooooow GT500, wanna rematch?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Had to back out of the menu on tapatalk to check, I swore I thought I was on camaro5 for a second when I saw words such as "superior" car, etc.

Congrats on sounding like a bunch of high and mighty turd nuggets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I actually bought my car to establish credit to have a house built as soon as my car is paid off. I will be 23 when my car is paid off, so I don't need any financial advising

Automotive Econ 101: A car is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papasnake

Established Member
I can see the OP with his flat brim ball cap on turned sideways while getting his gangsta lean on banging through the gears "racing" cars that are merging into traffic.

LOL - I was thinking the exact same thing.

I was really hoping someone would chime in. Thank you stkjock, I would have been severely geographically challenged.

OP I was at the dealership today and the salesmen told me that if you rev the Coyote to redline over and over, the redline will actually increase. That's why you call them muscle cars. It builds muscle the harder you rev it. :D

Last edited:

Thunder5.0

Established Member
Omg this last post was so lame. Smh... Listen princess, if u have an 07 GT 500, what u have is an iron block navigator motor with a roots blower plopped on top of it. It even handles like a Navigator too. Therefore, you are actually driving in a Navigator 500.
Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Most previous GT 500 owners have already upgraded to the 2.0 version. What is your excuse?
I promise I'll back off. lol. The newer 500's and the '13 model are awesome cars. Until then, keep on driving your car thinking it's something when in actuality it's an anchor and holding you down.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Omg this last post was so lame. Smh... Listen princess, if u have an 07 GT 500, what u have is an iron block navigator motor with a roots blower plopped on top of it. It even handles like a Navigator too. Therefore, you are actually driving in a Navigator 500.
Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Most previous GT 500 owners have already upgraded to the 2.0 version. What is your excuse?
I promise I'll back off. lol. The newer 500's and the '13 model are awesome cars. Until then, keep on driving your car thinking it's something when in actuality it's an anchor and holding you down.

You have much to learn with your GOD-like 5.0.... My old "Navigator 500" has beaten a cammed/intake/Longtubes-full exhaust C6Z06 as well as a bolt-on viper and :: drum roll :: as well as a paxton blown 2012 5.0 putting down 6xxrwhp with me carrying a 320lb passenger with me and him nothing... I bet you probably think your 5.0 can beat these merging merging on an on ramp into traffic and doing a ricer fly-by, so maybe these are pointless stories... But please enlighten us!!!!

Viper
Viper.jpg

my buddies C6Z06 at idle
cammed C6 Z06 idle.MP4 - YouTube

video against the blown 5.0 (carrying a 320lb passenger with me and 5.0 had no passenger)

blown 5.0 vs modified GT500 - YouTube

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member

:shrug:

Omg this last post was so lame. Smh... Listen princess, if u have an 07 GT 500, what u have is an iron block navigator motor with a roots blower plopped on top of it.

yea, the higher flowing heads on the GT500 version make no difference...

Users who are viewing this thread