Last year of the Mustang!!!

r.barn

Established Member
1. Ford will not ditch the Mustang brand. It is one of the best brand recognitions they have. They even talked about making a 4 door Mustang sedan a few years ago to try and capitalize on the brand more.

2. What the salesman probably meant was that starting in 2015 the "Mustang" will not be a Mustang any more, but instead will be a Ford Evos with a Mustang logo on it.

This probably is correct. Ford has said it is going to ditch the U.S. based styling and body for a smaller more "globally marketable" body and size. ..... aka The Evos.

Expect the 2015 Mustang to look like a Scion or something similar and be about the same size

Last edited:

Rossim22

Established Member
1. Ford will not ditch the Mustang brand. It is one of the best brand recognitions they have. They even talked about making a 4 door Mustang sedan a few years ago to try and capitalize on the brand more.

2. What the salesman probably meant was that starting in 2015 the "Mustang" will not be a Mustang any more, but instead will be a Ford Evos with a Mustang logo on it.

This probably is correct. Ford has said it is going to ditch the U.S. based styling and body for a smaller more "globally marketable" body and size. ..... aka The Evos.

Expect the 2015 Mustang to look like a Scion or something similar and be about the same size

As long as its pushing 420+hp I think we'll manage

CobRoush-00

Established Member

+ 1
He was probably half asleep and heard part of the conference.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Every sales person I have ever been around doesn't know anything about the cars they are trying to sell. When I went with my dad to help him pick out a new truck the salesman was trying to convince me that a 2009 mustang gt was faster than my 04 cobra and that I should totally trade it in.
I was just like dude you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...

Hawwk11

Established Member
LMAO!!! Did he also mention how 2015 would also be the last year for Ford. (Stupid a$$ salesmen)

Give-Me-A-Break!

GJMCAR98

MOTOROLA MAN
Established Member
I'd love to see a side shot of the "Orgy car if anybody has one. If there going to do a body change they could do a lot worse. It really looks OK in those shots but a side shot would tell a lot more about it. GJ

TheRebel

Established Member
When I bought my Lightning back in April a salesman at the dealership told me the same thing about the Mustang. I know the Mustang isn't going anywhere but I figure the Shelby's will go back to SVT.

ADE 1000

Established Member
The Mustang name isn't going anywhere, it's a household name. I really hope it doesn't come out looking like this though, looks like an Aston Martin, Jag and Hyundai Tiburon had a big orgy. Nothing about it screams muscle or pony car.

553665_10151950247350657_695827812_n.jpg

541498_10151950379150657_905238205_n.jpg

Interesting illustrations, never seen them before. In any case, I predict 2014 will be all time Mustang high point.

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
Dumbass salesman doesn't know what he is talking about. Hell, a salesman at my local ford dealership try to say that the gt500 was the only mustang to ever come supercharged from the factory. I literally had that "wtf" look

nickf2005

Established Member
Dumbass salesman doesn't know what he is talking about.

Not ALWAYS true. Mostly? Yes.

In the OP's case... The salesman knew he had a customer itching to get in a Mustang. What better way to try to reel him in by saying that the car will become extinct. If the OP was an uninformed buyer (or a moron) he couldn't get his checkbook out fast enough.

It's the same as your stripper telling ya that her shift's about to end, so you better buy that dance while you can!

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
The Mustang name isn't going anywhere, it's a household name. I really hope it doesn't come out looking like this though, looks like an Aston Martin, Jag and Hyundai Tiburon had a big orgy. Nothing about it screams muscle or pony car.

553665_10151950247350657_695827812_n.jpg

541498_10151950379150657_905238205_n.jpg

That would make a BADASS T-Bird...

kbroush

Established Member
I have a feeling the 2014 will be the last good looking mustang. Don't get me wrong, the pictures above make a good looking car but it looks nothing like a mustang should look in my book. Im glad I bought my 2013, thats for sure. And most salesmen no way less about the cars they sell than the people who buy them.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
looks nothing like a mustang should look in my book.

Well what is a mustang supposed to look like? The mustang has gone through a handfull of face lifts over the years. Does the SN-95 mustang look like a mustang? The new edge? Fox body? Mustang II? lol

Really, as long as the mustang is 1, front engine, rear wheel drive. 2, has 4 seats(the Cobra R being the exception). 3, has a V8 option. 4, has a manual trans option. 5, has two doors. Everything else in between is up for grabs. The SN-95 was a radical change from the Fox body and anyone comparing the Fox to the cars of the late 60's would say the Fox was a drastic change. Yet we would all agree those look like mustangs right? Because they are mustangs.

SVTCobra1993

Established Member
So I was in the local Ford dealership with my friend while he was buying a new GT Premium. Anyways I was standing next to a 2013 Boss302 Laguna Seca admiring it and a salesman came up to me and started chatting with me and after we talked for a few I stated I will be in the market for a new GT500 in a year but with the new bodystyle rumors I was wondering if I should wait or not and get a 2015. He said that a recent conference he went to they said 2015 would be the last year of the Mustang and it would be replaced by the Ford Evos. Has anybody heard any thing like this?

That's hilarious.

Still, I've heard more than once that the next Mustang would be based off the Evos concept.

lol. salesmen are morons. the evos is has been rumored to be the new FGT. if it even gets built.

I find that unlikely since the Evos is an obvious FR design and the FGT was MR. Unless, of course, Ford wants to point the next FGT straight at the Viper and Corvette.

Users who are viewing this thread