Last year of the Mustang!!!

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
We have this trick where we tell BS stories to gawkers and tire kickers in the showroom so they go on the forums and spread rumors.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
Well what is a mustang supposed to look like? The mustang has gone through a handfull of face lifts over the years. Does the SN-95 mustang look like a mustang? The new edge? Fox body? Mustang II? lol

Really, as long as the mustang is 1, front engine, rear wheel drive. 2, has 4 seats(the Cobra R being the exception). 3, has a V8 option. 4, has a manual trans option. 5, has two doors. Everything else in between is up for grabs. The SN-95 was a radical change from the Fox body and anyone comparing the Fox to the cars of the late 60's would say the Fox was a drastic change. Yet we would all agree those look like mustangs right? Because they are mustangs.

^well said here...:beer:

We have this trick where we tell BS stories to gawkers and tire kickers in the showroom so they go on the forums and spread rumors.

i assure you he's not kicking tires. these idiots in this town don't know their A$$ from a hole in the wall.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
Every sales person I have ever been around doesn't know anything about the cars they are trying to sell. When I went with my dad to help him pick out a new truck the salesman was trying to convince me that a 2009 mustang gt was faster than my 04 cobra and that I should totally trade it in.
I was just like dude you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...

okay there is dumb or loose-mouthed salesmen, but .... 2009 beat a 03-04 cobra? k he shouldn't be selling cars.

dont let one dickhead salesman give you a bad impression, im a good guy! lol

+1 / I respect customers and the fact they are dropping 5+figure dollars... let alone the fact the 2nd biggest purchase in their life (well for most people), and also... the fact I like kicking everyone elses ass at my dealership :D

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I would never believe that. The mustang was a game changer when it came out in April of '64 (1/2). Started a category(pony car) and when people think about american muscle the mustang is the number 1 car to name if not #1 then in the top 3. Ford will never give up a car that has SO MUCH history and fame behind it.

TheRebel

Established Member
Every sales person I have ever been around doesn't know anything about the cars they are trying to sell. When I went with my dad to help him pick out a new truck the salesman was trying to convince me that a 2009 mustang gt was faster than my 04 cobra and that I should totally trade it in.
I was just like dude you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...

You should have told him to put his money where his mouth is and race for Pinks.

rvm

Established Member
Ford can't be that dumb to drop the Mustang line. ..
But I have read somewhere that the 2015 design and styling is intended to make the Mustang more appealing to the European market. .

MysticRob

Established Member
Dumbass salesman doesn't know what he is talking about. Hell, a salesman at my local ford dealership try to say that the gt500 was the only mustang to ever come supercharged from the factory. I literally had that "wtf" look

Totally true. The Terminator Cobras' Eaton was a dealership add-on. It has to be true, a dealership salesman told me. :beer:

Griever423

Established Member
If a more "Euro" styling means the car goes on a diet and handles better from the get-go then I'd be happy. Long as it has a 6 speed and a V8 I'd probably buy one if I hadn't bought a 2012 GT already.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
When I purchased my gt500 the SALES MANAGER said to me "How bout the balance on that new shelby, 50/50!" I let him know it was no where near "50/50" goes to show what they know.

Users who are viewing this thread