Latest addition to the Club Cranky Stable....

SDW Racing

Established Member
Here is the newest edition to the Crankoid stable of race cars. This is my good buddy Ritchies new track toy, I found him the Mustang shell and the builder. This will be a full out race car in vintage trim, fully tunable NASCAR suspension with a 700HP Roush moder.......should be done in time for the spring, might be at the SAAC convention in 2006....

rron%200282.JPG

rron%200291.JPG

rron%200301.JPG

rron%200311.JPG

rron%200321.JPG

Additional build pics:

siesta%20012.JPG

http://www.cobranet.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=45

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
That's some nice iron you got there JM!! :bowdown:

Springtime, huh? I think you got your work cut out for you? :read:

Tell the better half you won't be sleeping at home for some time!! ;-) :lol: :p

Can't wait to see what it looks like with wheels and what kind of sounds it makes on the track!! :rockon:

Put some 8AZ06 license plates on it!! :poke:

Lookin' Good Man!!!! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SDW Racing said:
Bruce,

I just updated my original post to include more build pics. Its not mine, its a fellow Crankoid's.

Damn, that car just seemed to have JM written all over it?!?! :(

SDW Racing

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Damn, that car just seemed to have JM written all over it?!?! :(

HAHA! I actually had the idea originally and told my buddy about it after finding the builder on the Net. He used to work for one of the NASCAR shops in NC and had been building Pro Touring cars.

I told my buddy about my plan, he liked the idea and ran with it. Originally we were going to have two of them built, but I didn't have the long green. So I found him the shell on eBay for a song (or was it a sheep?) :eek: :eek: :eek: and he ran with it.

This car should be burning up the Glen in the spring...rumor has it, I will be driving it at some point.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice! It seems the race car/restomod/vintage Mustang is the hot ticket these days. I see that one will have coilovers. A buddy in Atlanta just finished his last spring:
tim2.jpg

This one also has more tricks than a magician in Las Vegas. It was built by a former Panoz racing employee. It went into the 1:30's at Rd Atlanta on it's first race (Mitty). He priced it to me for $75K; I bet your buddy will have more than that in his.

I asked what it would cost to build a Mustang like the one that has won the HSR Rolex points championship the last two years: $130K!
GaryJonesMotorsports.com
They are building a stroker Boss 302 w/ a 6-speed. The also have a few Shelbys and early FB's FS.

SDW Racing

Established Member
Doc,

Beleive it or not this car is costing waaaaay less than that to build. I don't have an exact number, but I do know what I was quoted when I was thinking of doing this.

More pics just added. The car is currently being assembled...

mustang%200162.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread