LCA road noise

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Is there any fix to getting rid of the road noise and diff whine that is created by the aftermarket LCA's? I know the obvious choice would be to switch back to stock LCA's, get a louder exhaust or turn the stereo up. I wasn't smart enough to hang onto them, so either way I'm probably going to end up paying for something.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Is there any fix to getting rid of the road noise and diff whine that is created by the aftermarket LCA's? I know the obvious choice would be to switch back to stock LCA's, get a louder exhaust or turn the stereo up. I wasn't smart enough to hang onto them, so either way I'm probably going to end up paying for something.

over my exhaust and the windows open just cruising i barely hear any suspension noise.. i personally think it's not even a big deal.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
The bad part is they dont provide any performance gain if your making 650 HP or less. So id put your stock ones back on and enjoy the ride. The stock LCA's work killer, its the upper that needs replaced.

92hatchlx

Established Member
I didn't realize it at the time about the lowers and went ahead and installed them and threw away my stock ones, as said above. As soon as I get back from deployment it's getting some form of forced induction and I will be pushing around 600 at the wheels so they should be of some benefit then. I guess I will just deal with it when I get back. It really got on my nerves when I was driving it from San Diego to Denver to leave it with my dad.

grnenvy

Established Member
I had the same problem with aftermarket lowers way to noisey even know they stopped the axle hop but I couldn't deal with it. lol I just installed the reinforced shelby upgrades on my car. They use a harder bushing then our factory Gt bushing with a much stiffer reinforced control arm body. I called FM tech line and they confirmed that the bushing is an upgrade from the GT. It's just like our factory rubber bushing but much stiffer without any noise. It was a nice alternative!!!
As for the upper arm I went with a Steeda adj. It's the same upper they put on there street car and it's quiet. My pinion angle was fine so the only benifit I got was a stiffer bushing and maybe a little less flex but since my pinion angle was fine I probable could have skipped it.
My car would hop once in a while with the factory lower control arms it doesn't now with the FM lower.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
The bad part is they dont provide any performance gain if your making 650 HP or less. So id put your stock ones back on and enjoy the ride. The stock LCA's work killer, its the upper that needs replaced.

when i had a CAI/tune only, my car would wheel hop a lot and it wouldnt get traction during WOT. When i put the lower rear control arms on the car, the car wouldnt wheel hop at all and it planted the tires nicely and gave me more traction during WOT.

I'd say they helped out on my ~400rwhp car at the time.

92hatchlx

Established Member
I had horrible wheel hop, installed the upper and lower control arms and it got rid of all of it so I can't really say which ones did the trick. I hear most people just install the uppers and it clears up the issue. I love them except for the fact that they are really loud inside the car on the highway.

SicShelby09

Banned
So is it replacing the UCA or LCA thats stops wheel hop?

Its the UCA that stops the hop. The GT500 guys have went over this a bunch. I did the lowers, and it still hopped the same. I took them out and did only the upper and that stopped the hop completely in my 09 GT500. Lowers are not needed for what we are using them for.

kingnut

Established Member
Its the UCA that stops the hop. The GT500 guys have went over this a bunch. I did the lowers, and it still hopped the same. I took them out and did only the upper and that stopped the hop completely in my 09 GT500. Lowers are not needed for what we are using them for.

just read this. thanks for the answer :rockon:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

i agree

Users who are viewing this thread