Lead time for ordering later this year?

Voice of Reason

Established Member
If I am planning to purchase a GT500 this time next year and I want to order it to my specs, when should I start talking to dealers and actually place the order? We have a number of things being paid off next February so I can't take on another payment before then. So I'd like to line it up that I put the order in before then so it arrives just when I want it. Any ideas on how much ahead of time I should order?

jonesd

Established Member
when i ordered my last mustang it took 13 weeks. Cant really say what the "norm" is but i figured i would throw my experience in.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I ordered my 2011 GT on june 1 2010 and it came in September 18 2010.

Voice of Reason

Established Member
It sounds like 3 months is about the length of time it takes. Does anyone know when Ford stops taking orders each year? Or do they ever stop?

Lemers

Established Member
As far as I now they don't stop unless there is a major change.

when I ordered my '07 explorer I had to have it in by I believe July to get that model year if I didn't get it in then I could redo the order after the deadline for an '08 and it would have came in later.

JakeSpoon3

Established Member
2011 gt500

It sounds like 3 months is about the length of time it takes. Does anyone know when Ford stops taking orders each year? Or do they ever stop?

I ordered a 2011 GT500 in January of 2010. The car arrived June 2, 2010. Not sure if there is a specific time between order placement and delivery though. The dealer initially told me the car would arrive within three and a half weeks...and then every week or two he would call and tell me he had a shipment date...which always proved to be false until the car actually arrived. I almost didn't believe him when he called.

Lemers

Established Member
Before this year GT500 were special runs so, for had to stop production of another car and retool the production line to make them. So it would be hard for a dealer to know when it would be built.

This year the GT500 will be built on the same line as the GT so it can be built in turn with any other GT order.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I ordered a 2011 GT500 in January of 2010. The car arrived June 2, 2010. Not sure if there is a specific time between order placement and delivery though. The dealer initially told me the car would arrive within three and a half weeks...and then every week or two he would call and tell me he had a shipment date...which always proved to be false until the car actually arrived. I almost didn't believe him when he called.

He may not have been lying. My ship date moved half a dozen times.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Mine sat after being built FOREVER but that's when they were having sourcing issues on the Brembo cars. Who knows.

trolls56

Established Member
The standard answer a dealer is going to give you is 6-8 weeks. My Raptor took 6 months. I knew that when ordering it was going to take along time though. I suggest watching on here how long it takes the guys that just ordered them. People that had ordered their Raptors in December still hadn't got them when I ordered in April so I knew the 6-8 weeks was bs.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I completely expect to wait at least 4 months for my car, I already told my dealer Im aware that car doesnt start building until late april or beginning of may, so I figure another 12 weeks from them if im lucky....i can wait just as long as I get my car :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread