Learning Your Production Number

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Has anyone here been told their production number by their dealer upon arrival or pickup?

There's a small indyrpm article about a guy who got the 'first' GT500 in the Midwest and in the state of Indiana, though he wasn't, and he's saying his dealership told him that he was #74.

I wasn't told, nor have I been told or investigated to find out what my potential production number is.

Just curious if anyone has been told, or knows who to talk to in order to find out.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I got my production # and certificate on my 03 by calling SVT-( I think I had to pay like $40?) maybe start there ?

03reptile

Established Member
Yes, historically speaking, the production numbers are provide near the end of the production year, which has varied from year to year. You can call SVT for a copy/certificate of production number, how many produced, etc. They charge $40.00 and send it to you via the mail. Hope this helps.

peteypab2133

Established Member
The ZL1 owners all knew exactly what number car they had before they even picked it up... I would be more interested in knowing the " # out of" for color combo's and packages. But knowing that number based on production numbers would be nice.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Hoping for both at some point, put them with my window sticker and other stuff and show off at cruise-ins.

mtnclymer

Established Member
Boss 302 is numbered. GT500 is not.

I think this thread went "over your head"

He is trying to find out in what order his car was produced. this information is generally available at the end of the model year.

In other words he is looking for "my car is the 44th of 4803 in 2013" type of information.

topless10th

Established Member
this was on a printout i got when i went to AAI to watch my car in its final stages of assembly. i wouldn't know how to hook anyone up, it is a friend of a very busy scheduling friend. but for reference, my car was built 5/24.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
The ZL1 owners all knew exactly what number car they had before they even picked it up... I would be more interested in knowing the " # out of" for color combo's and packages. But knowing that number based on production numbers would be nice.

That would be because they started from 0 with the Vin for the ZL1, treated it like a completely different model in a way.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I forget my build date... Just remember it arrived the 17th of May, and I got her the next day.

I'm hoping I'm a top 50 car. (just because, I know it does nothing in reality)

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I forget my build date... Just remember it arrived the 17th of May, and I got her the next day.

I'm hoping I'm a top 50 car. (just because, I know it does nothing in reality)

We were delivered a day apart- with the same blend date (5/7) iirc

So one would assume we are probably in the top 100 cars built. Once production stops- I plan to call and find out :)

Users who are viewing this thread