Leather Honey Leather Conditioner Review

SVTDice

Established Member
So I've been searching awhile for a Leather Conditioner for the Seats, So here is my review on a Product called Leather honey.

It has a pretty odd name and has quite a few of good reviews on Amazon, So I figured I'd try it myself. Alot of people use it on Bags, Jackets, Saddles, Shoes but for the most part I did not see many reviews for Car leather so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I cleaned the leather with part Water and Murphy's Oil soap (As Recommended) Dried the leather with a towel. Heated the bottle up, Then applied the Leather Honey by hand, They suggest by using a brush or a terry cloth. I just honestly find it easier to use my hands. They say a little goes a long way, So I did not apply much, Just a very thin coat.

It feels slightly sticky. Almost like honey but it does not leave a lasting residue on your hands (or leather) so that's good. I left it on from 10 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon on a day that was in the 60 degree range and then took it off. Its very easy to take off, just make sure you use something lint free to take it off with.

All in All it made the Leather darker, More soft and even made some of the wear less noticeable. So I'm pretty happy with it, next time I'm going to heat the Leather Honey up more with a blow dryer and apply it more thick. To see if I get even better results.

I give Leather Honey 4 out of 5

[NOTE] They suggest using it in as warm as possible weather. The day I applied it was NOT the ideal day but I thought it still gave good results.

Below are before and after pictures.

The Bottle:
jr7144.jpg

The Before:
n49pbp.jpg

The During:
10gikit.jpg

The After:
35jl8k3.jpg

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Damnit, I can't see the pictures at work. I'm gonna assume it did well though if you said 4/5. First thing I notice when I look at Terminator interior is the condition of the seats. I'll keep this in mind though.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm pretty sure ford uses finished leather (urethane covered hides) for their upholstery (which supposedly doesn't need conditioning...), but i have heard great things about leatherique.

leatherique.jpg

but that leather honey seems to have done a great job as well. the wear marks certainly look diminished from your before and after pics. good job :thumbsup:

SVTDice

Established Member
Got it off amazon. I'm not sure how similar it is to Leatherique. But I wanted to try something different. The link for it below. Check out the reviews alot of people have fantastic results with it.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Honey-Conditioner-Best-Bottle/dp/B003IS3HV0"]Amazon.com: Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, the Best Leather Conditioner 8oz Bottle: Automotive[/ame]

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
I'm pretty sure ford uses finished leather (urethane covered hides) for their upholstery (which supposedly doesn't need conditioning...), but i have heard great things about leatherique.

Ok, so if it is urethane covered, then what would you use to help preserve urethane?

My driver's seat is fine, but my passenger seat has become... rough / dry feeling over the years.

I hit them about once or twice a year with Maguire's leather care stuff, but I'm wondering if there would be something better suited for the Ford leather.

~ wife's Explorer also has leather, and hers looks almost like the day we bought it. But then her roof doesn't go down, allowing the leather to get cooked in the sun >.>

SVTDice

Established Member
I tried this stuff again...On a even colder day. But this time I applied more, massaged it in by hand and then applied more and kept doing that a few times. Then let it sit for about 7 hours. The softness is actually...Rather amazing. I'm shocked.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Since you applied it rather thick the second time, isn't it possible that the "softness" you're finding is actually the product setting on top of the leather? Also, you mentioned that it darkens the leather. That might not be what some folks would want. I know I would not want the color to darken if it caused a mismatch to other leather trim in my car. How much darkening are we talking about?

The only leather cleaner/conditioner I've ever used is the Zaino product. I've been very pleased over the 7-8 years I've been using it (4 vehicles).

SVTDice

Established Member
Since you applied it rather thick the second time, isn't it possible that the "softness" you're finding is actually the product setting on top of the leather? Also, you mentioned that it darkens the leather. That might not be what some folks would want. I know I would not want the color to darken if it caused a mismatch to other leather trim in my car. How much darkening are we talking about?

The only leather cleaner/conditioner I've ever used is the Zaino product. I've been very pleased over the 7-8 years I've been using it (4 vehicles).

It could be, Yes. But this time I worked it more into the leather. So it would absorb the product more per say. It does darken it. It seems to "Richen" The black. It gets rid of the dullness per say. I rather like it but if you used this on lighter seats or say 10th Aniv or Mystichrome. I don't think I'd recommend it. It may ruin the look honestly. But its not like. Pitch black coal black. Just maybe 1 shade of darkness AT worse. I'm going to take a video if you want to see. You can take a look for your self.

Anyways if you have anymore questions let me know. :coolman:

Edit: It does not look much more black then it does in the after picture I posted above.

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Ok, so if it is urethane covered, then what would you use to help preserve urethane?

My driver's seat is fine, but my passenger seat has become... rough / dry feeling over the years.

I hit them about once or twice a year with Maguire's leather care stuff, but I'm wondering if there would be something better suited for the Ford leather.

~ wife's Explorer also has leather, and hers looks almost like the day we bought it. But then her roof doesn't go down, allowing the leather to get cooked in the sun >.>

mike, according to the manufacturer they say it needs nothing! lol. but we all know hotrodders like the folks here at svt will never leave well enough alone. I think several products will work to bring that softness back....but after reading what you are saying sounds like you are getting sun damage and need a product to maximize UV protection....I like 303 spray in that case. Has the uv protection, won't change any colors and leaves a fresh clean look. But it is not glossy like an armour-all type product, so if you dig the high glossy after look, it won't be for you. 303 just leaves it clean and new with low gloss. Here's a pic of my mystichrome vert seats after a 303 app:

IMG_1399.JPG

I had a friend look at this and he said "well, just looks like new, nothing special or shiny...". That to me was what I wanted to hear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread