Left 4 Dead

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Honestly is it that good? I started off playing Halo 2..then 3 then my friends got me hooked on COD4, did that dance, played 5 and im a 65 and there is no real reason why i would prestige cause well all the weapons suck ass.

Would this be a game i would like?

Its a very fast paced mindless slaughter-fest of zombies. Lots of spray-and-pray and lots of fun!

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
How does it compare with the zombie bonus on COD 5?

I think i may go pick up a copy tonight and give it a go. im so sick of COD based games

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
How does it compare with the zombie bonus on COD 5?

I think i may go pick up a copy tonight and give it a go. im so sick of COD based games

Its more fun IMO. In COD you have to shoot the zombies a bunch of times to kill them but in L4D its one bullet to the head or one or 2 to the body. There are tons of zombies though, at any given moment you can expect 20 or 30 of them to come out from around a corner and start running full speed toward you. This is where the spray and pray tactics come into play. The game is very simple and plays just like an arcade game. For me its more fun than COD zombie mode, although the graphics arent as detailed. Gamestop is selling L4D for $50 ($10 discount) until 1/1/09 I believe.

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Nice, $50? That's damn worth it. I got this game when it came out and have been playing it non-stop since. Still not tired of it. Mainly because the game changes a bit each time due to where stuff is and who you are playing with. But it's true. The game is WAY more fun and satisfying if you can either find a random group of people that actually want to win or people you know. Communication is quite helpful, especially in VS. So far I have noticed that it seems that people work together more on VS than just the regular campaign.

SpectorV

Established Member
the PC game is 50 bucks~ 37 if you buy 4 copies through steam. Its going to be a better PC game simply due to the SDK being released and all the endless mods people will do. You cant really get that on Xbox :(

focussvtracer

auto x
Established Member
the PC game is 50 bucks~ 37 if you buy 4 copies through steam. Its going to be a better PC game simply due to the SDK being released and all the endless mods people will do. You cant really get that on Xbox :(

i herd xbox is charging for sdk :lol:

pc> xbox

free updates ftw

i hate smokers btw

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
At first I was skeptical, as I'm not much into the mindless spray & pray FPS shooters, but I watched some videos on YouTube of people working together to blast the zombies and it seemed like it'd actually be a lot of fun.

Downloaded it last night - will look you guys up

Steam ID: Steeda30 :beer:

Coiled03

Established Member
I only got to play Left4Dead a few days before I got my first EVAR RROD after 2.5 years. So, is there actually a story to this game in the single player mode? Or it it just different locations where you roam around and slaughter zombies?

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
I only got to play Left4Dead a few days before I got my first EVAR RROD after 2.5 years. So, is there actually a story to this game in the single player mode? Or it it just different locations where you roam around and slaughter zombies?

No real "story" to speak of. Pretty much just roam and slaughter. The point it so survive. That's about it. But it's really all you need.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Frickin Guitar Hero World Tour is owning my ass right now ..... Kick ass song selection .... :rockon:

May even go and pick up Aerosmith GH pack. Only $47 at CC.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Coiled, what's your Steam ID?

LMAO :D :D Check out this Tourettes guy mod - f'cking hilarious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8bUjBGRioU]YouTube - Tourettesguy Tank soundpack - L4D[/ame]

and Macho Man Randy Savage!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMqPG4S80bo]YouTube - L4D Macho Madness - 2[/ame]

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Call me dumb, but I don't know what you're asking.
:D No prob man - I'm assuming you got it for the XBox and not PC? If you got it for PC - most people download it off of Steam (it's a client that allows you to download games/play them online).

Coiled03

Established Member
:D No prob man - I'm assuming you got it for the XBox and not PC? If you got it for PC - most people download it off of Steam (it's a client that allows you to download games/play them online).

Oh, now I gotcha. :D

Yeah, I got it for the XBox.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
On Xbox is ok.... we played the demo he end up buying it I did not. After 2-3 weeks it got old on xbox. PC might have a chance since there will be mods etc.

Users who are viewing this thread