1,000 miles: 500 to 1,000
Max: 75 MPH
Max: 4,000 RPM (MAX: 4,500 RPM)
Vary Speeds Constantly
Time Limit: 1 HR of Driving
Break Time: 30 MINS of Resting

Change OIL after 500 miles to non-synth
Change OIL after another 500 miles to non-synth

People call my crazy for that...but it works for me..

m.

For another opinion see:
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

The two are about 180 degrees apart except for early oil change.

maoun

Established Member
i agree that there's very little proof goin either way...so the decision is yours...

thanks for the link man

Fastford

Established Member
What is everyone talking about???? BREAK IN What the hell is that? Something you did with cast rings in the 70's

The people in here amaze me with the BS the come up with.. What are you breaking in?????????? These motors sport the latest and greatest Moly rings with a diamond finish that is as smooth as a babbies assssss. The motor is broke in after they start it.

The only reason for higher dyno numbers on higher milage cars are the rear ends, transmissions and the blowers.

So I vote for put the KB and go race it like you stole it ..... just get the chip fixed for the things we talked about....

Jason

maoun

Established Member
look, i'm not claiming to have solid answers to anything...so don't call it BS....he asked my opinion and i gave it

calm yourself down a little
m.

Fastford

Established Member
I havnt got wound up yet. It is very clear that COLEMAN doent know what to do but I have been building and racing SUPER STREET OUTLAW engines for 5 years making over 1800hp. and I know what I am talking about. It just sickens me to see some of the information that gets spuued on this website. I was not attacking you :beer: I was just making a point dont take it as an attack on you.

JAson

maoun

Established Member
fair enough.....

i will counter that i've been taught my method from MANY people that have built similar race cars to yours

m.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
Originally posted by Fastford
What is everyone talking about???? BREAK IN What the hell is that? Something you did with cast rings in the 70's

The people in here amaze me with the BS the come up with.. What are you breaking in?????????? These motors sport the latest and greatest Moly rings with a diamond finish that is as smooth as a babbies assssss. The motor is broke in after they start it.

The only reason for higher dyno numbers on higher milage cars are the rear ends, transmissions and the blowers.

So I vote for put the KB and go race it like you stole it ..... just get the chip fixed for the things we talked about....

Jason

thanks Jason(FastFord),
you beat me to it. I couldnt agree more. Ive never "broke in" a motor! I never broke in any of our renegade motors! We just build em, tune em, and head for the track to run em. I guarantee you Coleman that by the time you get your car back, we will have had the engine running enough from making sure no leaks, full of fluids, etc... that when you leave the shop i better just see tailights and a lot of tire smoke!!!!!!!

I believe that if you do want to break in a motor, you need to break it in the way your going to drive it.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
Originally posted by Fastford

Jason

thanks Jason(FastFord),
you beat me to it. I couldnt agree more. Ive never "broke in" a motor! I never broke in any of our renegade motors! We just build em, tune em, and head for the track to run em. I guarantee you Coleman that by the time you get your car back, we will have had the engine running enough from making sure no leaks, full of fluids, etc... that when you leave the shop i better just see tailights and a lot of tire smoke!!!!!!!

I believe that if you do want to break in a motor, you need to break it in the way your going to drive it.

carl52

Established Member
Knock in engine

I know your pain, I have a black 03 vert that has the same problem. It is a loud knock which is coming from the back cylinder on passenger side. I was at TWS in August and came in from a session with instructor and car was running fine. Let car cool down and take it back out for next session and moved to the grid and they were yelling at me to turn off the car. They thought at first I had no oil. Just a loud knock.I took to dealership and long story short SVT found mods and denied claim. They did not even show what the problem was. At this time I am fighting Ford with an attorney. They have to prove that the mods caused the problem and they did not. I would like to know if you had mods on your car and did you take to the dealership. Please get in touch and lets talk. I might be able to help with your problem. My car has low oil pressure on one head and loud knock. Have you had engine diagnosed? I plan to fight these people. A pulley and chip was not resposible for these problems.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
Carl52,
not being rude, but you might want to look in Colemans sig to see his mods. Yeah, he is highly modified beyond what we could do as far as waranty goes. Pretty much does your warranty in when you add a Kenne Bell.

coleman

Established Member
now that the break in period is moot...

what boost should i run on this engine?
what about some cams? ... just spoke with L&M Engines :)

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by DSF
guys, just a heads up! Look out for Coleman when this car is back on the road. He is putting together a dream list. The only difference with Coleman is he is doing it, not just dreaming about it. WOW! I am impressed, ought to be a serious ride, not that it wasn't before. FASTFOD has gotten in on the deal with us to help with some fuel volume issues.

Thanks Fastford, probably will be sending our pump to you as well in the near future.

Does this mean i'm going to have to go buy a 2nd Gen RX7 and drop a turbo 4 rotar in it?

carl52

Established Member
Originally posted by DSF
Carl52,
not being rude, but you might want to look in Colemans sig to see his mods. Yeah, he is highly modified beyond what we could do as far as waranty goes. Pretty much does your warranty in when you add a Kenne Bell.

What about a one size down on the pully and a chip. That does not develop enough HP to cause this problem. MY car did not have a ping and fuel was good. Plugs were brand new installed two day before event at a Ford dealership in Houston. The SVT rep just denied the claim based on the mods and they dont even know what is wrong with the car. This is wrong! It may take a lawyer and a Jury but I think these engines have a lot of flaws and Ford know this and thye just try to get you to go a way because of the mods. I going to make them prove it.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
yeah i guesss since no one can beat Coleman, we all have to be fast and furious ricers!!!!!!!!!

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
Originally posted by carl52
What about a one size down on the pully and a chip. That does not develop enough HP to cause this problem. MY car did not have a ping and fuel was good. Plugs were brand new installed two day before event at a Ford dealership in Houston. The SVT rep just denied the claim based on the mods and they dont even know what is wrong with the car. This is wrong! It may take a lawyer and a Jury but I think these engines have a lot of flaws and Ford know this and thye just try to get you to go a way because of the mods. I going to make them prove it.

hey if you are serious about a law suit, i would not post anything about it here. A lot of Ford reps and such look here. Your few statements you have made could ruin your case. Heres why, I now you were at TWS racing your car. It states in your user manual that your car was not intended for racing!

Ive been this route with them a lot of times before i was with Ford. i hope for the best, it could go either way.

maoun

Established Member
i would agree with DSF.....it's pretty damn easy if you're a tech to find stuff like this QUICKLY on the net

carl52

Established Member
Originally posted by DSF
hey if you are serious about a law suit, i would not post anything about it here. A lot of Ford reps and such look here. Your few statements you have made could ruin your case. Heres why, I now you were at TWS racing your car. It states in your user manual that your car was not intended for racing!

Ive been this route with them a lot of times before i was with Ford. i hope for the best, it could go either way.

Thanks, the TWS was a driving scool event not a sanctioned race and this car has never been to a 1/4 mile track and never run that hard and not over reved. It is a weekend car garage kept,51year old. Not your typical owner and this car has been very well maintained. My problem is the attitude that SVT took and will not evaluate the problem. I would expect better treament than what I was shown. Nothing has been said here that could hurt this case. What I dont understand is there is certain laws that protect consumers rights and they knowingly violate those rights.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
First of all SVT does not deny warranty. Any time a ford tech has got a engine concern they call Ford hotline. Hotline tells us wether or not we can proceed under warranty. If they decide to send out someone to look at your car to see if it has been modded and it has, then they will decline warranty. You need to make them prove that your mods caused the failure. It's that simple. It's the law.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
Originally posted by carl52
Thanks, the TWS was a driving scool event not a sanctioned race and this car has never been to a 1/4 mile track and never run that hard and not over reved. It is a weekend car garage kept,51year old. Not your typical owner and this car has been very well maintained. My problem is the attitude that SVT took and will not evaluate the problem. I would expect better treament than what I was shown. Nothing has been said here that could hurt this case. What I dont understand is there is certain laws that protect consumers rights and they knowingly violate those rights.

im not trying to get in a pissing contest with you. I was giving you a piece of advise, thats all. What is driving school at TWS?? Learning to road race. There you go. Age should have no bearing, nor should where its stored or how often its driven. My car is very well maintained as well, it sits in the shop of a Ford house everday. Its been modified and we dont even try to push ANYTHING through warranty.

i know exactly how you feel because I see it everyday. You need to in the future make sure you have a mod friendly dealer that you establish a reputation with. SVTADVISOR has a story about a lightning with chip , bad motor. Long story short, they blamed chip, got taken over to him, they tore motor down and found it wasnt chips fault, replaced engine under warranty.

Where do you stand with the car now? Maybe something we can do to help. SVTADVISOR or myself.....

My point to the last thread, seriously wasnt to try to start anything, its was just advise of what not to do. i have had Ford reps come into our shop to look at cars and not too long after come back with print outs of what the car has or had on it before it came in. It causes some problems for us sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread