Let us play, "Name that internal failure!"

coleman

Established Member
oh well, i've getting new heads anyway...
and thank you all for some clarification. looks like some of my frustration was wrongly assigned. :(

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
hey Coleman, when this is all ove and your back in your ride, i will be willing to bet all of your frustration will ge a thing of the past!!!! I just hope a 200 shot is going to be enough to keep up with you!

coleman

Established Member
did i mention i have a bigger H/E coming as well?
i'll be over there in a few hours...

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
sounds good, Rueben was going to pull pump this morning, but he had a problem, with his kid and had to take to doctor. I may try to get it in here today and do it myself if i can break away from office work to get in shop....

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Coleman I am really excited to see what is going to be the outcome of this mishap with your engine. I see many great things happening to your car, so much so that you will wonder how you ever drove it like it was before. Hey, by the way I am going to be comming into the Dallas area around Christmas time, and I really don't know how close that is to where you are at but I would love to meet you. My grandparents live in Royce City, and most of my family is in the Lake Ray Hubbard/ Plano area, so if at all possible I would love to come to meet you.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
Whitten,
Coleman is just north of Plano in Murphy!! We are south od=f Plano about 40 min in Desoto

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
guys, just a heads up! Look out for Coleman when this car is back on the road. He is putting together a dream list. The only difference with Coleman is he is doing it, not just dreaming about it. WOW! I am impressed, ought to be a serious ride, not that it wasn't before. FASTFOD has gotten in on the deal with us to help with some fuel volume issues.

Thanks Fastford, probably will be sending our pump to you as well in the near future.

coleman

Established Member
well, i was trying to get a set of cams lined up for my car as well but i haven't heard any results from anyone yet...

Whitten, yup, Murphy, TX just east of Plano & Richardson -- takes less than 30 minutes to get to royce city...

coleman

Established Member
i had DSF do some inquiring for me but JDMs sounded like a lot of $$$ and LM Engines' haven't heard anything about yet.

i think Xplicit is going to test out JDM's.
wouldn't it make sense to do cams while DSF is moving everything over anyway???

coleman

Established Member
weekend, i don't usually get a bi-daily update...

but, now i'm considering getting a set of cams if there is no additional labor ... well, DSF, how about an extra 40 RWHP for me?

would i just need the cams or the extra stuff too?

coleman

Established Member
subscribers, how should this engine be broken in?
i discussed this at length with some friends at yesterday's GTG & i was telling them that any brake in plan will go out the window once i happen across any vette, viper, wrx, evo, etc...

how important is it? there was no break in for the cobra, but we're not in Kansa anymore... :lol1:

oil changes? 500, 1000, 3000 then synthetic? 10w30? ?w?

i guess open track racing that weekend is not a good idea :lol1:

maoun

Established Member
--Engine Break-In Period--

500 miles: 0 to 500
Max: 60 MPH
Max: 2,500 RPM (MAX: 3,000 RPM)
Vary Speeds Constantly
Time Limit: 30 MINS of Driving
Break Time: 30 MINS of Resting

1,000 miles: 500 to 1,000
Max: 75 MPH
Max: 4,000 RPM (MAX: 4,500 RPM)
Vary Speeds Constantly
Time Limit: 1 HR of Driving
Break Time: 30 MINS of Resting

Change OIL after 500 miles to non-synth
Change OIL after another 500 miles to non-synth

People call my crazy for that...but it works for me..

m.

coleman

Established Member
talk about no fun for some time...
oh well, as a daily driver, it won't take long to get 1,000 miles put on the clock.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Coleman

I would say your at the point that your ride shouldn't be a daily drive. Your have too much invested in it to risk having someone run a red light on you again. Splurge and just buy a second Cobra and keep it totally stock and your have the yellow beast for the weekends.

If your car gets totaled or stolen, your be short changed on the insurance settlement. At least go with Lojack and their EWS option to improve your protection from car theft.

Your also better line yourself up an excellant tuner and spend some quality time on the dyno getting your setup adjusted perfectly. I certainly wouldn't accept a mail order chip getting installed.

I will be looking for you going up against Venom650R and his Viper when your back on the track again.

Last edited:

coleman

Established Member
i'm considering having my KB chip sent back to KB for the 55# tune and run that at least until i get my new engine broken in.

should be safe enough for daily driver, right?

but when would i then take my car for a custom dyno tune?
we're talking high RPMs, so when should that be done with a new engine? 2000, 3000, or what?

Users who are viewing this thread