Lethal OAP Worth it

YouGoGlenCocoa

Established Member
Ahhh i dunno... Deleting resonators will make it louder... I think the piping diameter is like 1/4" larger than stock? I know the borla over axels are the same price range.

Best i could say is if youre going for sound it may be worth it. I think most would say save your $ and cut your resonators and weld in a pipe for sound.

Im not sure if u pick up any hp from ota pipes?? Wouldnt think so maybe minimal. Good luck

clinton2003

Established Member
Guess i need to add more info,

So I am going Twins, and was wondering if I would gain anything with the better flowing OTA pipes, Just another though, maybe some electric dumps just before X pipe... Something that can be bolted in, or cat's bolted in (for emissions times) .... Hmmmm..

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
You need to get rid of the incremental gains, NA mentality when going turbos man. Keep in mind you will have block breaking power at the twist of a knob no matter what OTA pipes you have :D

pufferfish

Established Member
OTA pipes work well to free up some HP on NA cars. that is all i really know other than they do increase noise.

it is my opinion that hp is consumed in moving exhaust gas through the entire system. if you can make that system easier for the gas to get out, it will consume less power. why would you "twist the knob" and risk grenading your engine verses making it more efficient?

Turbos also chop up the air, which naturally muffle the tone, so the added noise of not having resonators may be partially mitigated by the turbo. i say its a sound investment.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I'm wondering the same thing, if I go with the Lethal O/A pipes, will I have any drone with my catless ARH long tubes and GT500 quads? Sorry if I'm jacking this loll

But honestly, I don't know how much of a gain you will be getting if you're going twins. It'll prob be minimal and you won't hear that much of a difference since you'll have turbos

Torchy

Established Member
Picked up 36whp/33wtq from adding JPC OAP's without touching the boost controller with twins. Changed the sound dramatically.

Chris Proia

Established Member
I ordered them this morning and should have them tomorrow or Thursday. I'll report back as soon as I get them installed.

pufferfish

Established Member
first .9lbs is responsible for most of that exceptional OTA "power" adder. second, you can't gain psi on a wastegated turbo by changing exhaust components. the wastegate is a regulator, which will bleed off excess boost created by any part to maintain the set pressure. if you gained any pressure, its because your wastegate doesn't flow enough to compensate for the extra flow created by reducing the exhaust restriction.

that said, if the wastegate is able to maintain the pressure before and after the OTA swap, you would still see extra power and see a broader torque curve, as the turbos would be able to spool up quicker. to produce more low end boost.

Torchy

Established Member
first .9lbs is responsible for most of that exceptional OTA "power" adder. second, you can't gain psi on a wastegated turbo by changing exhaust components. the wastegate is a regulator, which will bleed off excess boost created by any part to maintain the set pressure. if you gained any pressure, its because your wastegate doesn't flow enough to compensate for the extra flow created by reducing the exhaust restriction.

that said, if the wastegate is able to maintain the pressure before and after the OTA swap, you would still see extra power and see a broader torque curve, as the turbos would be able to spool up quicker. to produce more low end boost.

Off the gates it went from 4.9peak to 5.8peak. On the controller it went from 6.9peak to 7.8peak without touching it.

Winning!

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Just installed my lethal OAPs and I love them. Deff can tell the exhaust is louder and I can actually feel a difference when I blip the throttle to downshift. Almost like it's a bit more responsive.

Users who are viewing this thread