Lethal Performance has started its GT350 Whipple install

Gabe9195

Whippled Coyote
Established Member
............ while leaving a path of critically injured pylons in your wake :uh oh:

a moment of silence for our fallen comrades :nonono:

:poke:

Lol ..... the cones that are on the ground on their sides actually point to gates you're supposed to use
That pic was taken at the end of one of the laps

Here's a full lap:

[video=youtube;I98cGRfYaIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I98cGRfYaIY[/video]

SlowSVT

Established Member
Are you making a funny? It's hard to tell when people are joking or serious around here anymore.

Of course I was

If that was me I'd be aiming for everyone of them!

............I hate pylons :(

To me autocross is a form of "automotive bowling"

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Lol ..... the cones that are on the ground on their sides actually point to gates you're supposed to use

The ones pointing straight up also point to a gate but something tells you don't want to go there.

Not "yet" at least.

mike69440

Established Member
IUs this a good idea for an ethusuast with means? i.e $$

Take a brand new GT350 and repurpose the Voodoo and 3150 Tremec in a Nice Factory 5 or Superformance replica.
Then bastardize the GT350 with a boost durabable Ford 4V and T56 magnum.
Yes, the GT350 will loose some track ability. It still will be a killer canyon carver and the track is what the Cobra replica would be for.

I think these two would be more fun (faster, scarier) and a lot lesss expenive than some Lambo, etc.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I wonder when lethal will have more info on this. Maybe we'll come to find the spray bore liners are stronger than speculated and e85 can keep a voodoo together with boost. Pipe dreams most likely, but for everything else there's American Express.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I wonder when lethal will have more info on this. Maybe we'll come to find the spray bore liners are stronger than speculated and e85 can keep a voodoo together with boost. Pipe dreams most likely, but for everything else there's American Express.

You never know until the fat lady sings (or stops singing in this case depending on your perspective). A spray bore strengthens the block only because your not removing material to accommodate a sleeve.

If we don't hear back from Lethal I would assume it didn't turn out so well. I'm keeping "happy thoughts" :) here. A blower just takes an engine to a whole new realm :rockon:

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I would think that with such a large FPC V-8, that if forced induction is a must, then a turbo, or twin turbos, would be the way to go. I would worry about the blower introducing even more harmonic/vibration issues into the equation than the boost (which could be kept low, or compensated with fuel, timing, intercooling, etc.). I would think reliability would be better without adding extra stress etc. to the crank snout. Of course, I could be totally over-thinking this...

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I would think that with such a large FPC V-8, that if forced induction is a must, then a turbo, or twin turbos, would be the way to go. I would worry about the blower introducing even more harmonic/vibration issues into the equation than the boost (which could be kept low, or compensated with fuel, timing, intercooling, etc.). I would think reliability would be better without adding extra stress etc. to the crank snout. Of course, I could be totally over-thinking this...

Turbo would be far smoother and easier on the rotating assembly.
Forward facing equal headers, custom plumbing hot and cold, a single 80 with a billet wheel, and ball bearings, divided flanges and header primaries... E85, maybe a stronger rotating assembly, some rings, pins, and gaskets, mild head work, aggressive turbo cams...it would make 1000whp at 11-13 psi or so given a properly sorted and specced combo.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I'm no genius but I am sure that lethal is working with the Whipple to design a kit. Maybe its even done but they are getting rid of small install or design issues.

mike69440

Established Member
I'm no genius but I am sure that lethal is working with the Whipple to design a kit. Maybe its even done but they are getting rid of small install or design issues.

I have to wonder what went on behind the scenes to make this all happen.
From an engineering perspective, I'll stick to my previous assertion that this is the wrong engine to be boosting in its stock form and the flat plane crank will add nothing to a supercharged engine.

With E85 and a lot of work, it amy not fail, but I just don't see this a a wise thing for a Voodoo motor.

SlowSVT

Established Member

Yea that's just what this engine needs is more top end power

sono

Established Member
I was sneaking around the shop getting an oil change and was also curious to see if she would hold.

Users who are viewing this thread