Lethal's 2016 Shelby GT350 laying down a 10.98 @ 125 mph - Drag Vid

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Yeah you can hear the clutch slipping big time. They were having problems with the pedal sticking to the floor.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Clutch was about gone before that pass from what I've read. You can just hear it slipping the whole time. Hope they drop in a new clutch and try again before slapping a whipple on.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
I gotta ask.... What was with the "do you have implied or express permission to film thus car sir" BS? A joke?

Sure hope so.

Extremite

Established Member
Clutch was about gone before that pass from what I've read. You can just hear it slipping the whole time. Hope they drop in a new clutch and try again before slapping a whipple on.

Whyyyyy would you want to put a PD blower on a motor that is designed to rev? At least go with a Vortech, Paxton or Procharger.

Extremite

Established Member
Just means it needs to be launched a little higher. With the way this thing revs you won't fall out of the power band between shifts. A PD blower is going to fall on its face at 8200 RPM.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Agreed with the Whipple being the "wrong" choice, I think a 2200 or a turbo setup would be much more suited for this car. Also interested to see what the car will trap with the clutch fixed, I was really expecting it to at least break into the 130's on a 150 hit, maybe even creeping up on 135. Guess time will tell!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
You can hear the clutch slipping in every gear. Regarding the Whipple, Lethal has always gone with that combo on all of their shop cars and I am sure it will rev just fine with it.

mrlrd1

Established Member
I'm guessing cause this car needs some help down low?

I could say that this engine is like every other DOHC mod motor in that it severely lacks low end torque, but I won't. Too many people around here don't like that. I'll let car speak for itself: you NEED a 6000rpm+ launch just to get this thing moving at the speed of traffic - which is why the clutch is beat.

Users who are viewing this thread