Lets see those trucks!

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
It’s actually already for sale… could not afford to keep it since retirement happened, and financial planning for that evidently never happened. Odd that he paid MSRP, but will charge an ADM to resell a used vehicle. Just seems shady to take advantage of an MSRP buy like that.
"Shady?" Why is that shady?

02_Lightning

Established Member
Just because it’s unheard of to get an MSRP deal on these Rs. He was lucky enough to get one, then will resell to get an ADM. Shady was probably the wrong word, but these resellers screw everything up.
My buddy is a sales manager at a Chevy dealer and had all new corvettes at msrp. His dealer was flooded with buyers for them and sold all fast. He monitored them and watched each resell at an ADM. So, dealer squashed the program and sold all at ADM. This is what screws it up for everyone.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Just because it’s unheard of to get an MSRP deal on these Rs. He was lucky enough to get one, then will resell to get an ADM. Shady was probably the wrong word, but these resellers screw everything up.
My buddy is a sales manager at a Chevy dealer and had all new corvettes at msrp. His dealer was flooded with buyers for them and sold all fast. He monitored them and watched each resell at an ADM. So, dealer squashed the program and sold all at ADM. This is what screws it up for everyone.
I hear you, but it's the people willing to pay ADMs that screw it up for everyone. If people weren't willing to pay them, they wouldn't exist

C2tuck

Established Member

Can’t blame regular Joe’s for flipping a car for a profit. I doubt you would sell one for less if people are lined up to pay an extra $20k…

kaz109

Established Member
Can’t blame regular Joe’s for flipping a car for a profit. I doubt you would sell one for less if people are lined up to pay an extra $20k…
Meh …. I can. It’s a slap in the face to the dealership you got the truck from. If you have a report with a dealership that gave me a speciality vehicle at msrp at bare minimum I’d enjoy it then trade it back to the same dealership and let them make their profit as a thank you gesture.

What you are doing is just bad business imo but everyone’s morals are different.

C2tuck

Established Member
Meh …. I can. It’s a slap in the face to the dealership you got the truck from. If you have a report with a dealership that gave me a speciality vehicle at msrp at bare minimum I’d enjoy it then trade it back to the same dealership and let them make their profit as a thank you gesture.

What you are doing is just bad business imo but everyone’s morals are different.

So you would give up profits to give them to someone else? Not a very wise money decision. Wonder what Dave Ramsey would say?

If morals were in play then dealerships wouldn’t charge an ADM in the first place.

kaz109

Established Member
So you would give up profits to give them to someone else? Not a very wise money decision. Wonder what Dave Ramsey would say?

If morals were in play then dealerships wouldn’t charge an ADM in the first place.
It’s about the report with the owner/GM at your dealership. He obviously could’ve sold it for a profit but he sold it to you at msrp because of your relationship.

Yes I would give up the profit because good long term relationships are more valuable and harder to make especially in the car business.

To your last comment idk how you typed that and didn’t realize you were proving my point. The dealership you got it from DID NOT charge YOU an adm because MORALLY he felt it wouldn’t have been right because of your business relationship.

I fully understand it’s your truck and I’m not saying you shouldn’t want to make money, I’m just saying that definitely not the way I would/have gone about it when I have been in similar situations.

Last edited:

C2tuck

Established Member
It’s about the report with the owner/GM at your dealership. He obviously could’ve sold it for a profit but he sold it to you at msrp because of your relationship.

Yes I would give up the profit because good long term relationships are more valuable and harder to make especially in the car business.

To your last comment idk how you typed that and didn’t realize you were proving my point. The dealership you got it from DIDNT NOT charge YOU an adm because MORALLY he felt it wouldn’t have been right because of your business relationship.

I fully understand it’s your truck and I’m not saying you shouldn’t want to make money, I’m just saying that definitely not the way I would/have gone about it when I have been in similar situations.

My point was if it was about morals ADM wouldn’t exist. Guess who invented ADM…dealerships.

The dealers relationship with you is purely about selling you vehicles (not including Nick). If you never bought from that dealership you wouldn’t have a relationship. It’s transactional. My point is it’s silly to get a good deal on a vehicle and then give the profits back to the corporation. That’s some Ferrari type shit..

I bought my bronco at sticker and could have sold it for way more than I paid, but I wanted it, so I kept it. I don’t need the extra money. But if someone offered me $100k for it, I wouldn’t sell it back to dealer for what I paid just so they could profit. If that’s what it takes to keep a relationship then it proves my point that it’s a transactional relationship. My friends aren’t prostitutes…hell, my sales guy doesn’t even make commission.

kaz109

Established Member
My point was if it was about morals ADM wouldn’t exist. Guess who invented ADM…dealerships.

The dealers relationship with you is purely about selling you vehicles (not including Nick). If you never bought from that dealership you wouldn’t have a relationship. It’s transactional. My point is it’s silly to get a good deal on a vehicle and then give the profits back to the corporation. That’s some Ferrari type shit..

I bought my bronco at sticker and could have sold it for way more than I paid, but I wanted it, so I kept it. I don’t need the extra money. But if someone offered me $100k for it, I wouldn’t sell it back to dealer for what I paid just so they could profit. If that’s what it takes to keep a relationship then it proves my point that it’s a transactional relationship. My friends aren’t prostitutes…hell, my sales guy doesn’t even make commission.
The very first part of your reply tells me that my post went completely over your head and don’t need to discuss it further. Congrats on getting the truck and making a profit… love what you’ve done with the bronco as well

blk02edge

Established Member
Selling your own property for whatever the absolute **** you want is your business and nobody else's. It's not shady. If someone wants to pay extra then all the power to you and to them for being in a position to afford something an average joe can't get.

Anyone who disagrees belongs in North Korea

andymarkv

Established Member
Selling your own property for whatever the absolute **** you want is your business and nobody else's. It's not shady. If someone wants to pay extra then all the power to you and to them for being in a position to afford something an average joe can't get.

Anyone who disagrees belongs in North Korea
Completely agree!! Dealers should be allowed to charge ADM as well. Capitalism only works when everyone can participate.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Image1689267911.147400.jpg
Image1689267915.808057.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread