Lets see those trucks!

Vforce700

Established Member
These are cool. Awhile back I thought of getting one of these (350/450) and going into business for myself transporting collector/exotic cars, since I love driving and operating all kinds of vehicles. I'd get a dually truck and a dual axle v-front trailer with the rail ryder installed, and offer "boutique" individual car transport to loaded individuals. Fun idea at least...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
These are cool. Awhile back I thought of getting one of these (350/450) and going into business for myself transporting collector/exotic cars, since I love driving and operating all kinds of vehicles. I'd get a dually truck and a dual axle v-front trailer with the rail ryder installed, and offer "boutique" individual car transport to loaded individuals. Fun idea at least...

Fun idea... incredibly tough business to make profitable.

Vforce700

Established Member
Here's my new school options. These 2 youngsters may be the newest I'll have. More interested in old school trucks, it seems. Both were one owner, bought thru dealers but I talked to or met both owners. (Boring warning-they're bone stock)

This one: 2014 F150 Supercab XLT. Built 6/6/14 at Dearborn. Has leather option (I think only offered on XLT in '14), HID headlamps, off road pkg, and ruby red metallic.
1st owner traded in for a Tundra. I got this one in Feb 2018 with 10k miles. Flew to Altoona PA and drove back. 5.0 Coyote. Now only has 15k miles. This year's "fall" photos before snow....
20231014_155147.jpg
20231014_155314.jpg
Bought the little Ford mats in Illinois on the way back.
20230606_142250.jpg
Only job this truck ever does is transporting Yammie and Kawltie (three-wheelers).

Vforce700

Established Member
Don't profess to have favorites among the trucks, but this one is my spoiled brat. 2008 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4X4. 3 valve Triton. Built 4/6/08 at Dearborn. Was originally destined to dealer in Buena Park CA, but dealer traded to Greiner Ford in Casper WY before leaving factory. 1st owner had for 14 months, then sold back to Greiner Ford when he got a company truck and was buying his first home.
20230729_123442.jpg
Truck also has little square mats to protect factory mats. I like that they have the diamond plate motif like the door sill.
20231118_145657.jpg
The salesman told me the 1st owner had sold the truck back after getting a company truck. But I had no idea he would be just out of college. He bought the truck a few months after graduating. I talked to him several times while I was deciding whether to buy. Real clean cut petroleum engineer...typical Wyoming kid, he said just ask him anything I wanted about the truck. He kept everything factory stock and I have all kinds of documents that he passed on as well. This truck has 24k miles now and got insured with Hagerty last spring.
20231118_145906.jpg
This truck has never worked a day... I think these are handsome trucks, although when they first came out I made fun of them, being into old school trucks. I think this was the generation that really brought the "fancy" truck, or "luxury" truck into the default position, with pricing to accompany. With these, crew cabs became the norm.
20231118_145143-1.jpg
I do my own oil changes, but left the dealer sticker in the windshield from when I bought the truck. I wanted to see when I would actually reach the mileage it specified for oil change in 3 months. (It was four years later when I hit the mileage)

Vforce700

Established Member
Hard to say. Probably 2-3 years of 35k/year hauling.
For an even heftier investment, I noticed an outfit in Florida does enclosed Towbox trucks with Jerr Dan. Low floor level box truck with cameras so you can watch the inside of the box from the cab. Mack, Peterbilt, or Freightliner cabs. I think that would be even better than pulling a trailer.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For an even heftier investment, I noticed an outfit in Florida does enclosed Towbox trucks with Jerr Dan. Low floor level box truck with cameras so you can watch the inside of the box from the cab. Mack, Peterbilt, or Freightliner cabs. I think that would be even better than pulling a trailer.

I think for the money you would make, you might as well just drive a semi and have benefits.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep. The days of making some money hot shotting around are about over.

had a guy work for us that was a half ass TT guy. He quit because he bought his own truck and double decker car trailer. between insurance and smoking a rear end he was broke and asking for his job back in about 6 months

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Came to post my new truck, but I don't see a lot of trucks on this page. Anyway...

Going to do a rusto/restomod build. I have a 5.0 mod motor and harness lined up. Thinking HEIDTS IFS with a triangulated 4 link rear (still thinking about the rear).

I like it. What engine/trans does it have now?

Here's my new school options. These 2 youngsters may be the newest I'll have. More interested in old school trucks, it seems. Both were one owner, bought thru dealers but I talked to or met both owners. (Boring warning-they're bone stock)

This one: 2014 F150 Supercab XLT. Built 6/6/14 at Dearborn. Has leather option (I think only offered on XLT in '14), HID headlamps, off road pkg, and ruby red metallic.
1st owner traded in for a Tundra. I got this one in Feb 2018 with 10k miles. Flew to Altoona PA and drove back. 5.0 Coyote. Now only has 15k miles. This year's "fall" photos before snow....View attachment 1825136 View attachment 1825137Bought the little Ford mats in Illinois on the way back.
View attachment 1825138Only job this truck ever does is transporting Yammie and Kawltie (three-wheelers).

Let me know if you ever decide to sell it. My Dad has a somewhat similarly optioned 14 and would like another one.

Users who are viewing this thread