Let's Talk Butts

darreng505

Established Member
Ok, here are 3 butts. Which do you like best? I just think the new 2015 Mustang rear is a butt only Tone-loc could love. Hideous to me.

2013stangrear.png

2015stangrear.png

z28butt.png

c7butt.png

Hands down the 2013 top one shows muscle, design restraint and yet makes a statement too.

And putting the rear backup light down in the lower diffuser is a design cop out to me. Awful decision. It was like they couldn't find a home for it. Backup lights could easily have been integrated in those huge valleys between the rear lights and been subtle.

Last edited:

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I just hate how tall all the bumpers have gotten due to safety standards. I really like the 13 but even it looks exaggerated.

darreng505

Established Member
Just look at those goofy proportions on the 2015 butt! And the surface has all kinds of contours and angles going on. The 2013 is smooth and well designed by comparison.

S3XPanther

Established Member
Just look at those goofy proportions on the 2015 butt! And the surface has all kinds of contours and angles going on. The 2013 is smooth and well designed by comparison.

Don't confuse your opinion with fact. I am of the opinion that the S550 rear is gorgeous, but I'm not about to start a thread just to discuss how much I love (or hate) it.

S3XPanther

Established Member
Reasonable, logical and well stated.
But...you must be new to the internet...

I know, I know. I'm new to this site, but not to car forums. I understand what you're saying. I just wish individuals like the OP would get it through their thick skulls that threads like this will never succeed in changing anyone's opinion on any sort of subject matter, nor will they gain a following. I've seen this behavior run amuck on corvetteforums when the C7 was revealed. People are resistant to change. I can understand some of these sentiments, but for the love of God, keep them to yourself. (not in reference to you, rlhay2).

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I know, I know. I'm new to this site, but not to car forums. I understand what you're saying. I just wish individuals like the OP would get it through their thick skulls that threads like this will never succeed in changing anyone's opinion on any sort of subject matter, nor will they gain a following. I've seen this behavior run amuck on corvetteforums when the C7 was revealed. People are resistant to change. I can understand some of these sentiments, but for the love of God, keep them to yourself. (not in reference to you, rlhay2).

Internet forums were created for people to express their opinions, not keep them to themselves. Otherwise forums would not exist. Those people who want people to keep their opinions to themselves are usually the most butthurt people of all.

And yes the C7's ass is ugly as hell. The 2015's ass doesn't look that bad though.

darreng505

Established Member

Hey man. Take it easy. I just through some pics up for people to voice their opinion. I'm not trying to convince anyone of my opinion. Nor do I promote it as fact.
Just having some fun here bro.

S3XPanther

Established Member
Internet forums were created for people to express their opinions, not keep them to themselves. Otherwise forums would not exist. Those people who want people to keep their opinions to themselves are usually the most butthurt people of all.

And yes the C7's ass is ugly as hell. The 2015's ass doesn't look that bad though.

You're absolutely correct about forums. However, when said opinions are stated simply to bash a car (or any subject matter) on a purely subjective basis, then the thread becomes completely pointless. It's like standing on the street corner with a sign that says "I hate xxxx". You're completely entitled to do so, but no one cares. And to be fair, forums are meant to lead to constructive conversation based on both opinion and fact. This thread fails in doing so. The OP very explicitly set out to shoot down the design of the rear end of the S550. There's nothing constructive that could possibly add any value to the forums by doing so.
Am I "butthurt" as you put it? No, just confused. I understand this is the internet where people hide in blissful anonymity, but I would never go to a Honda Civic forum (or any other car forum) are start talking smack about their cars. It's just poor taste. This, for example, is the S550 subforum. You don't like the S550? Great. You don't have to like it. However, don't keep coming around here if that's the case.

executiV

Established Member
I keep checking here waiting to see when someone draws a smiley face out of that S550, the reverse light looks like teeth, lol.

But in reality I do like the fact that the reverse camera is located in a better spot, now any spoiler can be used on a car with the feature...

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Established Member
I love the ass on my '14 GT500, muscular, well thought out, functional rear diffuser (car odes 200 MPH), Gurney Flap, no visible white back-up lights & nicely hidden stop light.

'14 is perfect, except the finned plastic panel that fills in the area on either side of the license plate. The '15's a cleaner way to do that.

dajohu

Established Member
I like the 13/14 backend. Proportioned better and just the right amount of curves and non painted surfaces so that you can see all of the details.

I didn't realize the outer corners would be so square like that on the S550. These cars are boxy enough, it looks odd to make the entire rear end a rectangle. The 05-14 rear ends have a softer curve to the sides and not so sharp "corners".

The centered reverse on the bottom looks really out of place to me too. I know most people prefer paint matched over the black plastic but I think it would look better with the bottom diffuser portion being black. It would break up the back a bit and keep it from being just a big rectangle. Plus if they tinted the reverse lense it would blend in with the black around it and not stand out like it does now.

My 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread