Let's Talk Butts

Jroc

Established Member
I'm not fond of any of them. I don't like the rear of the 15's, and I'm not a quad tips on a Mustang guy.

IMO the best looking rear on a Mustang is still a Terminators rearend.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Why did you include a Honda prelude? The C7 rear and 13+ rear look BADASS. The S550 ass is not appealing to me at all.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Comparing a base model GT rear to that of the too models( in their respective lineup) is completely fair and unbiased.......

The only thing that has me kinda bugged is the painted rear diffuser. It being black would offer a better contrast but I'm sure that easily fixable. And like one has said, no one's mind will really be changed by this rant....

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
IMO the best looking rear on a Mustang is still the 1967 GT500 followed closely by the 69-70,13-14 GT, 96-98, and then the 03-04.

Not a fan of the 96-98 rears. The '93 Cobra rear looks good I think. I would rank it 67-68 Fastback, 69 Sportsroof, 70 Sportsroof, 13-14, 03-04 Cobra, 93 Cobra. Can't rank the new one till I see it in person.

BigBen408

Established Member
I didn't read through all the posts, but and yes pun intended. Ford wants the Mustang to be a dang world car so they have to please world car safety standards. That's why the bumpers are so tall. That and why the Mustangs front is so flat and tall.

darreng505

Established Member
Well, the actual safety bumper is behind the body molding. How they skin it is still a matter of design and aesthetics.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Everyone of those butt shots has a different wide-angle distortion...the 2015 being the worst. Not reality right there and the comparisons aren't equal. The '15 is without a doubt the best looking....but, .IMHO it could be a bit narrower to emphasize the new wider haunches. Also, it appears overall a bit lower than previous 'Stangs, which I like. Not into the ass-high look. I always liked the '13 as well...but it now looks dated compared to the '15. The taillights on the '15 are killer. The new Camaro real tails Blow Big Time. I can live with the new Stingray butt...as it matches the radical changes elsewhere. Historically, the '70 Mustang butt & tails combo is also a killer.

americansteel

Banned
as my opinion i think all 3 are terrible. 05 being the best due to the smoothness look with no obstructions or overthought on the rear its a shame the fender wells had flares to them. 99-04 looks good but the rear wedges up making over all look un even and hideous to look at. im sure some one is going to insult me for my opinion. this forum is full of oxymorons who cant take a dose of reality and not respect ones opinion.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
as my opinion i think all 3 are terrible. 05 being the best due to the smoothness look with no obstructions or overthought on the rear its a shame the fender wells had flares to them. 99-04 looks good but the rear wedges up making over all look un even and hideous to look at. im sure some one is going to insult me for my opinion. this forum is full of oxymorons who cant take a dose of reality and not respect ones opinion.

No problems with opinions...everyone is entitled...but oxymorons???

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
the 13-14 rear is sexy. especially at night. i like the S550 too, and i think that once you guys seem one lowered with a GT500 style wing on one it will quickly rise to the top of mustang asses.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
wasnt directed at you. and yes there are idiots that run rampant among this forum site that troll insult people for opinions that differ from their own. too many cry babies:cryying:

No problem. Just as a note... the term you are looking for is moron...not oxymoron...which means a contradiction in terms...like "jumbo shrimp"... or... "awesome Camaro". You could also use the Bugs Bunny variation... "maroon"...as in "What a maroon".

ChopSui

Established Member
Everyone of those butt shots has a different wide-angle distortion...the 2015 being the worst. Not reality right there and the comparisons aren't equal.

Exactly. He picked the most unflattering shot of the '15 he could find.

Here's one that offers a more fair comparison.
attachment.php

Husker

Established Member
Yeah, the angle can distort:

This one is the money shot, IMO.
2015-Ford-Mustang-rear-view-2.jpg

This one looks distorted + I like the black & red diffuser on the other one.
MG3_8405.jpg

Last edited:

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
11703238453_2846d7bab5_o.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-rear-view-2.jpg

z28butt.png

c7butt.png

2013-2014 GTs vs 2015 GTs its a no contest. The 2015 looks so much badass w/ that wide track.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
Good point about the lens distortion. And no, I didn't "try" to find the worst rear picture I could find in some grand conspiracy to deface the design. I just did a quick google. But lets face it, the design is controversial and thats the reason for the thread to share opinions.

I do like the non-distorted view much better, but I still think the '14 has a "more aggressive" looking rear stance.
I also don't like all that "gloss" in the one picture above. I wait the day when manufacturers embrace matte finishes and paint...

Last edited:

americansteel

Banned
No problem. Just as a note... the term you are looking for is moron...not oxymoron...which means a contradiction in terms...like "jumbo shrimp"... or... "awesome Camaro". You could also use the Bugs Bunny variation... "maroon"...as in "What a maroon".

I know what it means and yes that was the word I wanted to use in the post I first made. there are oxymorons and idiot crybabies on here.

kingnut

Established Member
its almost like the engineers of that z28 wanted to see if people buy cars with their eyes closed. everytime i see one of those things on the street i stare at it and wonder if the person walked around the car before they bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread