Let's Talk Butts

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I think the rear of the '15 is one of it's best features. I'm diggin' it. Wider in the rear (and hopefully more room for wider tires) is what I've been wanting for years! :beer:

trolls56

Established Member
I think the new z28 is the best looking of the Camaros but not buying a 50k plus car without a/c or stereo track car that isn't legal in most road racing classes. Not sure what the point of huge motor and badass brakes if they aren't legal in most road racing events. I guess it will look good for Magazine times.

13GT5.0

Established Member
I think the new z28 is the best looking of the Camaros but not buying a 50k plus car without a/c or stereo track car that isn't legal in most road racing classes. Not sure what the point of huge motor and badass brakes if they aren't legal in most road racing events. I guess it will look good for Magazine times.

75k lol

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Let's see:
Jennifer Lopez's butt Vs Kim Kardashian's butt? Hmmmm!
You can't go wrong either way.
Same as the '13 and the '15 Mustang. They both look great. It all depends on your liking.

darreng505

Established Member

That's a good point.

Ford's S & R Bosses are obviously geared towards NASA and CTSCC respectively.
But even the new Mustang will introduce some classing issues in current club brackets. For example, I think the larger brakes and 15" rotors are not allowed in CMC, Spec Iron or American Iron (same with the IRS too I think). So that leaves unlimited classes.

However, I expect new classes to emerge to accommodate these vehicles, it certainly will be thorny. One would think the new Camaro and Mustang would at least be on par with one another as to race in the same class for the forthcoming model years. And I doubt someone is going to "Spec" mod these cars given the high price tag....its cloudy...:shrug:

JeremyR

Established Member
The new corvette stingray looks pretty damn good, thats a really sharp looking car all the way around. Not to crazy about the looks of the 15 mustang yet though, thats just my personal opinion.

ramstein

Established Member
If the new mustang turns out to have 450+ HP then I will like the looks of it more than I like it now!

Last edited:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
The new corvette stingray looks pretty damn good, thats a really sharp looking car all the way around. Not to crazy about the looks of the 15 mustang yet though, thats just my personal opinion.

The corvette looks great in pictures, but not quite as cool and revolutionary in person. Hopefully its reverse for the mustang.

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
The 2015 looks OK when directly behind it , but when you see it at 45 degrees or from the side it looks like crap.
I hate rears that slope \ outward, Hate it, hate it, hate it.

For example: Look at a 1969 Vette rear compared to a 75.

This looks good
1969_chevrolet_corvette_stingray_rear_end.jpg

This doesn't

IMG_7087_a.jpg

This is what all the latest mustangs remind me of, pure ugliness.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
I agree. I'm not sure what design goals they had for the rear (the front is clearly dervied from European and Japanese influences - a huge mistake IMO). But the back end is a head scratcher? Clean but not mean? Boxy? Angluar? Plain? I mean what was the idea?

It doesn't look "mean", "intimidating", or other muscle car qualities. It's almost that they wanted to remove the muscle from muscle car and now they just have "a car".

Now Chevy has released the Z06 and it's un-Fing believable looking. I mean LOOK AT THAT THING!

And I'm sure its a big middle finger to the rest of the world as if to say "bring it". And we gotta wait 2 years for Ford's response...I digress but geez Ford.

Look, I love Ford and that is why I was hoping they would push all their chips in on the release....

A frickin supercar - I can't even wrap my head around this machine right now.
ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

A car...
2015-ford-mustang-front-and-rear-view.jpg

TBD From Ford
[insert something that will inspire us here]

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
I agree. I'm not sure what design goals they had for the rear (the front is clearly dervied from European and Japanese influences - a huge mistake IMO). But the back end is a head scratcher? Clean but not mean? Boxy? Angluar? Plain? I mean what was the idea?

It doesn't look "mean", "intimidating", or other muscle car qualities. It's almost that they wanted to remove the muscle from muscle car and now they just have "a car".

Now Chevy has released the Z06 and it's un-Fing believable looking. I mean LOOK AT THAT THING!

And I'm sure its a big middle finger to the rest of the world as if to say "bring it". And we gotta wait 2 years for Ford's response...I digress but geez Ford.

Look, I love Ford and that is why I was hoping they would push all their chips in on the release....

A frickin supercar - I can't even wrap my head around this machine right now.
ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

A car...
2015-ford-mustang-front-and-rear-view.jpg

TBD From Ford
[insert something that will inspire us here]

I pretty much agree with this statement. Great point.

Edit: not entirely fair to compare a basic gt to Chevys told car. Let's compare apples to apples when the svt version comes out.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
I pretty much agree with this statement. Great point.

Edit: not entirely fair to compare a basic gt to Chevys told car. Let's compare apples to apples when the svt version comes out.

I knew that comment would arise. ;-) And I thought about that after, but I wasn't comparing the cars capability, but rather from a design point of view. Chevy has put their chips on the table and so far, Ford has put the GT on the table. The stark contrast is exactly the point. Ford needs to bring it and fast.

UOP Shadow

Established Member
Ok, here are 3 butts. Which do you like best? I just think the new 2015 Mustang rear is a butt only Tone-loc could love. Hideous to me.

2013stangrear.png

2015stangrear.png

z28butt.png

c7butt.png

HA HA HA… am I the only one who caught the humor of this first post?

I like the 13 / 14 best of the 3 (?) posted. But if I had my choice, I'd rather have this…
1604540_10203269281479483_1983610788_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread