Let's tally it up!

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I am very happy where I'm at with mine, I got very lucky that everything that is done to the car was there when I bought it last year. I paid 15500 for the car I traded a paid of saleen wheels I had for a set of stock 03-04 cobra wheels. I bought a new set of headlights for the car for 230 bucks, I would say total with everything all the little things I have bought for the car I have less than 17k in the car. Unless you want to add in the brand new enclosed trailer I bought to haul the car to the track, which so far has been just the storage trailer for the car for the last 4 months but for the next 2 weeks will be our moving trailer so the car will be in the garage for a couple weeks.

RichM1983

Established Member
I am very happy where I'm at with mine, I got very lucky that everything that is done to the car was there when I bought it last year. I paid 15500 for the car I traded a paid of saleen wheels I had for a set of stock 03-04 cobra wheels. I bought a new set of headlights for the car for 230 bucks, I would say total with everything all the little things I have bought for the car I have less than 17k in the car. Unless you want to add in the brand new enclosed trailer I bought to haul the car to the track, which so far has been just the storage trailer for the car for the last 4 months but for the next 2 weeks will be our moving trailer so the car will be in the garage for a couple weeks.

You paid that much for a SB car with a 2.6KB????? You have to be kidding. Did you use lube when you bent over the previous owner? lol

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Yea I have all the receipts, but I've never added them up for good reason. Especially for a car I only drive maybe 800 miles a year. The wife thought I had about $5k in it, till she had my window sticker and build number framed for my birthday.

A lot of the receipts were in the same folder with those two items, she made a comment one day after my birthday. Good thing only about half of them were in there, the other half are in a small drawer in my tool box I have trouble shutting.

Bigggy

Established Member
I have record for pretty much everything since I bought it in 2013, paid the car 15k and put around 15k in it in four years. With the repairs this winter, it will be at least 4-5k let alone the mods that will come while doing all the work. At first I had to change the valve seals, then crashed the car at the track and while removing the front of the car I began to think to go full wire-tuck and scott rod panels..lol yeah it escalated quickly!

03' White Snake

Established Member
Don't like to think about it.... but bought it in 07' for 26k, between the engine rebuild/ head upgrades, KB, TF wheels, return fuel system, exhaust, intake, pullies, supporting mods, cage, suspension upgrades..... its easily north of 40k and thats doing all the work myself or by my friends.

Had the car nearly 10 years and it gets a few thousand every year it seems. No regrets here.

Last edited:

modFTW

Established Member
Man.. What a thread! The wife definitely thinks ive spent about $12k plus the price of the car $14K(76K miles)
When in all reality I have spent $46K parts and labor. Built car w/ 10 point chromoly cage.
Will be starting build thread very soon. It will be titled "Monster in the making"
I think it will have many sub'd in. I hope its one of the sickest PD cars in the country

RichM1983

Established Member
Man.. What a thread! The wife definitely thinks ive spent about $12k plus the price of the car $14K(76K miles)
When in all reality I have spent $46K parts and labor. Built car w/ 10 point chromoly cage.
Will be starting build thread very soon. It will be titled "Monster in the making"
I think it will have many sub'd in. I hope its one of the sickest PD cars in the country

I don't see how you hide the fact that she thinks you spent 14k but actually spent 46k! Damn! You should get like an award lol. Hopefully she has never heard of SVTP lol.

GodStang

Established Member
I have had the car for 11.5 years. Don't even want to guess what I have spent. New Billet Stroker motor (Still have my stock engine), 4 or 5 different Kenne Bells (Probably $20K in blowers alone), 2 or 3 fuels systems, 3 different Long tubes, every tiny mod. a Lot of custom one off things.

I still have the receipts. Started going through them one time and then gave up. If the wife asks I spent $8K for everything...

mkb116

Established Member
Love it! You married guys hiding how much you spent. Makes me laugh!

I'm now building a Mach one for drift in addition to my TT cobra! Might as well do it while I'm single!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mine's easily north of $70,00 car included, way north. I'm not sitting here and adding it all up either lol.
Wow, Brian, you're WAY up there. I knew you'd be in deep, but not that deep. LOL. Worth it to you, though, I'm sure. ;)

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I bought 04sleepers car about 6 years ago....the only "mods" I've added over that time are mm brake lines and a shift knob. Everything else is exactly how I bought it. Have not had the urge to really go changing stuff, it's still a thrill to drive on my weekly "blow off some steam" therapy laps around the neighborhood lol.....or occasional lowes car meet. Still draws a crowd

Piasared

Established Member
Let's see. I've never added it up and this thought scares me a little since I'm about 1/2 done.

Car was 12k

Mods 22k so far with another omg I'll just go buy a 350r model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichM1983

Established Member
Let's see. I've never added it up and this thought scares me a little since I'm about 1/2 done.

Car was 12k

Mods 22k so far with another omg I'll just go buy a 350r model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got any pics and details on the 12k cobra? Hard to find them that cheap.

blue 07

Established Member
Between both cars I could have a small villa somewhere, and I don't even want to start adding up the hours spent installing those mods !! But well worth every hour and dollar. My wife never tells me not to buy any mods I want, so I look at it like this, it's cheaper to stay in my garage than out in the bars :D !!

Users who are viewing this thread