LFP Heat Exchanger and Intercooler Reservoir

FordFreak

Established Member
OnceBitten said:
Nope. The product was engineered properly...just a missing spacer to get the alignment correct.

Coincidentally, I hope you don't take my first post as a knock against your product. If money were no object and appearance was a major concern for me, I'd have certainly gone with your IC Tank. The satin finish looks awesome and your welds are most likely the best I've ever seen, but cost and practicality were my selling points. Mark came in a few bucks cheaper without sacrificing functionality so I went with his product.

I hope we can end all this petty bickering. I think it detracts from what SVTPerformance.com has to offer...

Im gald you got it worked out. I didnt take your post as a knock. It didnt bother me at all. People just dont know the whole story of what happened. Thats all. Ill leave it at that...
Glad youre happy with the product!
:beer:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
OnceBitten said:
I don't have a way to log IAT2 Temps, but I can guarantee you that I was experiencing MAJOR heat soak prior to the install. I can only update you as to how I perceive the change. I think Bob Cosby may have more concrete evidence if that's what you're looking for...check out his post...
I have some pretty decent street log files of an HE, but none from an aftermarket reservoir (reluctant to spend the money of something that I'm somewhat skeptical about). I'd REALLY like to see em if anybody has done this.

FordFreak

Established Member
Bob Cosby said:
I have some pretty decent street log files of an HE, but none from an aftermarket reservoir (reluctant to spend the money of something that I'm somewhat skeptical about). I'd REALLY like to see em if anybody has done this.

Ill be working on it this weekend Bob. Hopefully I'll have a bunch of info for you on Monday or Tuesday. :beer:

OnceBitten

Established Member
Bob, for reference, I too was (and still am) very skeptical about the benefits of the reservoir on the street. I feel that its only benefit will be using ice at the track, which will be much easier with the new reservoir than with the stock piece.

I'll be going back to the track in a week or two and will let you know what the before and after runs look like when I ice the reservoir. Again, no logging, but ET and MPH should be some indication provided that the 60' is somewhat consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread