LFP ripoffs

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I am not sure how many make it over to the Cobra forums, but I thought I would share this story about LFP that everyone should be aware of. We might not be buying the overlays, but the way LFP is doing business just sucks:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-ive-been-ripped-off-dont-you-fooled-too.html

Honestly, couldn't care less.. LFP is a bargain company... You get what you pay for and they have some good things. Ripped off or not.

If Hilton was that concerned he should've protected himself legally with a patent of something...
Instead himself and others want to come on here and whine about it like a baby.

As a consumer i'm for free enterprise and don't care too much for business ethics.. I want to purchase from a company that has the best cost effective, product so i can get the max value out of my dollar..
Lets just be honest here, it's a ****en sticker.. Move on already.

Just my 2¢..

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Honestly, couldn't care less.. LFP is a bargain company... You get what you pay for and they have some good things. Ripped off or not.

If Hilton was that concerned he should've protected himself legally with a patent of something...
Instead himself and others want to come on here and whine about it like a baby.

As a consumer i'm for free enterprise and don't care too much for business ethics.. I want to purchase from a company that has the best cost effective, product so i can get the max value out of my dollar..
Lets just be honest here, it's a ****en sticker.. Move on already.

Just my 2¢..

+1 He needs to do something beyond the internet about it.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Somehow I believe small vendors have trouble keeping their products available. It seems to have a snowball effect. Good intentions can only get you so far. You have to deliver the goods or suffer the wrath of SVTP ;).

I purchased a heat exchanger from LFP in 2006. I ordered it with the, "Terminator" Stencil. Received it without any nomenclature. LFP offered to have me ship it back or they would mail me the stencil.

Hell, I can't even draw a stick figure... I did the painting and came out just as expected, looking like shit.

The point is, LFP is home garage outfit. Expect the worst, then you won't be disappointed.

Jeff

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Somehow I believe small vendors have trouble keeping their products available. It seems to have a snowball effect. Good intentions can only get you so far. You have to deliver the goods or suffer the wrath of SVTP ;).

I purchased a heat exchanger from LFP in 2006. I ordered it with the, "Terminator" Stencil. Received it without any nomenclature. LFP offered to have me ship it back or they would mail me the stencil.

Hell, I can't even draw a stick figure... I did the painting and came out just as expected, looking like shit.

The point is, LFP is home garage outfit. Expect the worst, then you won't be disappointed.

Jeff
LMAO.. Well put.

Just Headers

Established Member
LMAO!!! I agree about there products...espically there fan kits. Returned my harness three times and then bought a JDM set-up.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Running their e-Fan kit right now. No problems so far, shipping was prompt. Came with everything needed and the instructions made sense.

The only thing I do wish though is that there was a way to have the efan kick on without dimming every light in the truck lol.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
It might just be a sticker to some of you. But to Ray it was his brain child, R&D and time that brought this to market. As far as stretching your dollar the Ray Hilton version is $9 cheaper after shipping and a far Superior product.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
It might just be a sticker to some of you. But to Ray it was his brain child, R&D and time that brought this to market. As far as stretching your dollar the Ray Hilton version is $9 cheaper after shipping and a far Superior product.
It's a sticker bro.. Personal worth of an idea carries zero worth in retail.

Don't be fooled, this is not an issue of someone ripping off a product. What, since Ray was the first to market of such a product no one else can make a similar product? Does it give him the right to bash a competitors product because it's not to his quality standards?

Maybe i'm missing something but the premise of the conversation is stupid. As a consumer i rarely have brand loyalty. I buy off of convenience, cost, service and reputation. But that's not in question here, what's in question is 'someone ripped off a design'..

And he's bashing another vendor, trying to sway the court of public opinion.. Tell you what man, I'm a big boy, i make my own purchasing decisions and i don't let others sway me in who i purchase from.. That's Ray's beef not mine.

BTW, i bought a Hilton boost overlay from Billetflow because it was convenient for me as i was picking up some idler pulies.. Didn't know it was made by hilton at the time, could've been made by billetflow i didn't & don't care..

This is good press for Lightning Force.. Now others know they carry a boost overlay.:idea:

SixtiesIron

Established Member
they are both at fault..

You know, if you R&D a new product for sale to the public it is always a prudent measure to protect that product before begining sales.

There is a reason i cannot sell 'snake bite' blah blah products for fords if i wanted to right now,... because steggy TM the term.

that was just an example, thx, steggy :)

So did they copy or 'lift' or 'rip-off' someone elses idea, maybe it was someone else's first, but if one does not patent, TM, or copyright, ect. there products and/or ideas they can become fair game. That being said intellectual property rights vary from state to state, and your friend may be able to recover some damages.

Moral of this story, if you have a product or idea PROTECT it, copyright, patent, or TM your property or idea

Ernie
Sixties Iron Inc. (TM btw so none of you can steal it!)

ecoastkid

Established Member
Just so everyone knows, LFP is no longer an SVTP vendor.

Was that due to issues like this or did they just decide not to renew?

LFP certainly has a right to produce their own version of different products so I have no arguement there. But to copy the guys photo's, instructions, etc...thats some complete bs right there. Thats the part I think he might have a legal leg to stand on if he doesn't have any patents.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Maybe i'm missing something but the premise of the conversation is stupid. As a consumer i rarely have brand loyalty. I buy off of convenience, cost, service and reputation. But that's not in question here, what's in question is 'someone ripped off a design'..

And he's bashing another vendor, trying to sway the court of public opinion.. Tell you what man, I'm a big boy, i make my own purchasing decisions and i don't let others sway me in who i purchase from.. That's Ray's beef not mine.

BTW, i bought a Hilton boost overlay from Billetflow because it was convenient for me as i was picking up some idler pulies.. Didn't know it was made by hilton at the time, could've been made by billetflow i didn't & don't care..

This is good press for Lightning Force.. Now others know they carry a boost overlay.:idea:
What you are missing here is that LFP used Rays pictures from his site. LFP not only ripped off his overlay but stole the pictures from the ad. Good press for LFP, I don't think so.

Users who are viewing this thread