Liberty Safes - WTF were you thinking?!

_Snake_

Established Member
Liberty Safe, a popular American gun-safe manufacturer, is facing a conservative boycott for giving away access to one of its customer’s safes to the FBI. The company shared a statement via social media on Wednesday, September 6, stating that the FBI asked for the access code on August 30 with a valid search warrant against the client, the 34-year-old Nathan Hughes of Arkansas.

Rest of the story:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i go back and forth on them keeping the combos - I know people it's saved them a bunch of trouble when someone died and they didnt know where the combo was. they sent in the paperwork (death certificate etc...) and were able to get into the safe. They should have never been giving that shit to alphabet bois without a subpoena though

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
If they had a valid search warrant, the owner should have had to give the passcode. If the owner didn’t, they had the right to bust open the safe manually. Why these companies constantly get on their knees and comply is annoying and very concerning. Can’t trust anyone…this is how they control us…they don’t even need laws. Corporate America does it for them.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
i go back and forth on them keeping the combos - I know people it's saved them a bunch of trouble when someone died and they didnt know where the combo was. they sent in the paperwork (death certificate etc...) and were able to get into the safe. They should have never been giving that shit to alphabet bois without a subpoena though

If they had a valid warrant they would have had no issue getting a subpoena. I'd certainly make them get one to CMYA if I were them.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Liberty was not under a court order to give the combo yet did anyway?

My understanding from the one article I saw was that the feds had a subpoena for whoever the guy was and Liberty gave them the combo based on that. There was nothing directed to Liberty directly to give up the code.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Liberty was not under a court order to give the combo yet did anyway?

Yes.

Story goes FBI had an arrest warrant for J6 defendant. Found safe, called Liberty and Liberty gave them the code over the phone.

1. Liberty has long claimed there is no master code and owners who get locked out are SOL and need to call a lock Smith.

2. The FBI would have needed a court order to compel Liberty to give any codes or aid. The FBI's existing warrant against the J6 defendant has not power over Liberty.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Yes.

Story goes FBI had an arrest warrant for J6 defendant. Found safe, called Liberty and Liberty gave them the code over the phone.

1. Liberty has long claimed there is no master code and owners who get locked out are SOL and need to call a lock Smith.

2. The FBI would have needed a court order to compel Liberty to give any codes or aid. The FBI's existing warrant against the J6 defendant has not power over Liberty.

If you register with Liberty, they keep your code on file. There is no requirement that you do so. Many many people have been contacting Liberty and having Liberty delete their information. Liberty has responded that in future, any on file combo will only be given to law enforcement with a subpoena.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_4549.jpeg
IMG_4548.jpeg
IMG_4528.jpeg

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Now the crying and then come crawling on our hands and knees, saying please please please give us another chance ( To screw you a second time) But the company was sold to some leftest that think donating to the very people that want to trash the 2nd amendment is going to win them brownie points.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Now the crying and then come crawling on our hands and knees, saying please please please give us another chance ( To screw you a second time) But the company was sold to some leftest that think donating to the very people that want to trash the 2nd amendment is going to win them brownie points.

Oh I'm sure they are 100% on board with mandatory registration and safe requirements.

_Snake_

Established Member
If you register with Liberty, they keep your code on file. There is no requirement that you do so. Many many people have been contacting Liberty and having Liberty delete their information. Liberty has responded that in future, any on file combo will only be given to law enforcement with a subpoena.

You have to opt out. Too little, too late.

They ****ed up bigly and can’t be trusted.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You have to opt out. Too little, too late.

They ****ed up bigly and can’t be trusted.

No, you just decline to send them your invitation at time of purchase. The company should have done better, but they have addressed the issue properly and people can still decline or have their info removed. Just make sure you never lose the combo.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
No, you just decline to send them your invitation at time of purchase. The company should have done better, but they have addressed the issue properly and people can still decline or have their info removed. Just make sure you never lose the combo.
Give it to someone you trust with your life, but not your wife. If you die and she gets in there, she's gonna sell all those guns for what you told her you bought them for.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
This is why I would never ever in a million years give such a number to a company that can and will cave to big brother. The card with the combo/registration was shredded promptly. I keep the digits in the most secure place I know which is my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread