Life Lessons

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
What are your life lessons? You know, things you have learned in life that you would want to pass on to someone younger. One of mine is "if you fall down, get back up and do it again immediately, do not let the fear of failing stop you from trying"!

KILRSVT

Established Member
i got this from ferdinand porsche...

he who has not fail has not challenge himself

also... dont make the same mistake twice.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
My dad told me once, "It's not a good idea to piss off someone who has to go behind a closed door to:

1). Prepare your food
2). Prepare your medication
3). Fix your car, especially the brakes!"

My best friend is fond of saying, "Don't antagonize the guy who's about to go on the mic or who writes a newspaper column. You will not have the last word!"

One thing I tell young people I meet who are obviously searching for their identity, "Figure out who the hell you are and be that person! And then be the best you that you can be!"

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
If you always try to do the right thing ........ good things are more likely to follow.

If someone tries to piss you off ........ and they succeed ........ you end up the loser.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
It takes me three times to touch a drop light that has been on for the last two hours to realize it's hot.

Learned that one today.

BoneStock02

Regular Unleaded Member
Established Member
I'm not as old as most of you, but from my experiences my best advise would be:

1. Never start working on cars It's a shitty job and you'll end up with no money, and no time.

2. If you do end up working on cars, never ever tell anyone within a 200 mile radius of where you live that you know how to work on cars.

3. This is the biggest, the one thing I never lived by and that I'm trying to work on. You can have anything in the world, but if you want something, you have to take charge and go get it.

gtownv6

Established Member
"The only person that can tell you 'you can't' is you, and you don't have to listen"

"By falling, I learned to walk"

Most importantly, beware of "the lurker"

There aren't really thing I've learned being I am still very young, more so things people have tried to instill in me

Sonicblue8093

[]D [] []V[] []D
Established Member
A boss once told me- " its ok to loan friends money, but in the event it goes past 50 bucks, its now a business transaction and should be treated like one"

and this is so true in so many paths in life..." If you give a mouse a cookie, he will want a glass of milk" meaning if you do something nice for someone, its never enough. they always want more. Much like the saying, "You give them an inch, they take a mile"

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
My dad once taught me, "The less parts something has, the less there is to break". I try to remember that whenever I design something for work (mech. engineer) or my car projects.

And another thing he taught me is, "When you've done it right, people won't know you've done anything at all." That definitely fits for my projects haha.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I have this in my sig, but it speaks so many truths.

"When shopping for a used sports car, check the radio presets. If they are all Rock, then the transmission is shot"

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Some good ones here guys :beer:

I have to share this one with you:

When i was in Grade 5, there was this girl that i was in love with. But no matter what i did, i just could not get her to notice me. One day i came home very sad and frustrated. My dad noticed this and asked me what was wrong. I told him and he said to "remember the little things" At first i didn't understand, and he explained that ANYONE can remember to do the big things in life, but it's the little things that'll set you apart from the guy next to you.

He was right- that girl and i wound up getting married ten years later ;-)

KevanoWS6

I'm that guy
Established Member
one of my best friends gave me a quote that was shared to him at an early age... "Girls will **** up your life".

here is some that I also like to use at work.
- Work Smart, not hard.
- oh we have a customer complaint? thats to bad the part of me that gives a damn stayed in bed today.
- Looks like people all enjoyed a big bowl of stupid for breakfast this morning.
- Hard work pays off in time, but laziness payed off right now.

not so much life lessons, but things i use at work everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread