Life span r888

VNMUS03

Established Member
What kind of mileage are you guys getting with the r888. I've read too many mixed reviews. One of my rear tires was ruined yesterday so I'm suck needing new rear tires. This is my dd mind you. Probably drive 15-20 miles a day around town.

Here's a pic of my dead tire
e7560340508fe0fdf5e3b962f7add89c.jpg

baf0112cac7b7876d426fe503dfc51ba.jpg

Last edited:

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Sorry to see that OP. I would love to find out at well, I want to get R888s for my next set of rears.

kodexkustoms

Established Member
I've always heard that R8's will cycle out in 2-3k miles of road use but the tread will last a good while, they just lose their traction.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I've always heard that R8's will cycle out in 2-3k miles of road use but the tread will last a good while, they just lose their traction.

First time I heard that. I'm more than half way through mine and still grip about the same, holds 2nd. I even let them sit for a couple months, after a few miles back on the grip came back. They don't work well in lower temperature (below 50) but I had them on all winter and drove it now and then it didn't seem to ruin them. I think they're great all around, and I have confidence in the wet.

I had DRs the two sets before these the DRs gripped a little better on the launch but you could feel the sidewall in the turns. Not to mention random loss of grip cruising in the rain.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I'm kind of wondering the same thing. Supposedly you only loose the speed rating on a repaired tire - but that looks repairable for DD use.

matthayn

COBRO TO 5.BRO
Established Member
I've got around 3-4k miles on mine, mostly all spirited street driving, probably 15-20 passes at the track with short burnouts, and they still have a fair bit a tread left.

VNMUS03

Established Member
I tried. I took it to a few shops but no one would touch it. The metal logged in there kinda shifted so it has a hole right next to it whether it originally entered. It's a good size hole.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Go to a ummm cash only type place. They'll plug and patch your sidewall. Big retail chains will just tell you it can't be patched so they can sell you a new tire.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
I have 5-6k miles on my R888's probably 30 1/8 mile passes, 4 auto-x events and a lot of mountain driving. Still have a good amount of tread left and they do really well in light to medium rain. Heavy rain and the streams across the road get interesting but I try not to drive in the rain anymore if I can help it.

Users who are viewing this thread