Lightning 6 Speed Project Thread

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
We checked and they said that it would hold up to 850-900 hp but it is not like I am going to put it on all at once. They also warrenty there work.

BTW I have no rice blood in me!

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Keep in mind that this spline upgrade was not a show stopper. We could have used a 10 spline with the stock or even moderatly upgraded motor but the power Mike is going to be putting out will require this upgrade to the tranny.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Understood. A properly done weld is always stronger than the base metal to which it's laid into so it should be fine.

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
15 weeks and counting....................... could've built a GEN 3 Lightning concept from scratch by now :poke:

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Update...

After more research he is some useful info. The "famous" 6 speed built by Bennett Coachworks used a Viper front trans cover so they could utilize the stock ford F150 throw out bearing and slave clutch combo.
WHITE%20LIGHTENING%20(8).jpg

They machined a plate to raise the clutch assembly forward for better clutch engagement.
WHITE%20LIGHTENING%20(12).jpg

Since the Viper front cover is close to 900 bucks and on back-order, (plus the cost of the spacer) I will be using a pull cylinder like originally planned. I am thinking about using a push style cylinder to avoid moving the oil filter assembly.

Hope to have more pictures and progress soon. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Awesome update Scott. I can't wait til mike's truck is complete. It is truly going to be a show stopping, fire breathing, first class Lightning. :rockon: :thumbsup: ... Stan

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Awesome update Scott. I can't wait til mike's truck is complete. It is truly going to be a show stopping, fire breathing, first class Lightning. :rockon: :thumbsup: ... Stan

Stan your '00L looks wicked in your sig!!!! I dig the "All Black Stealth"
look:beer:

stangkid

Established Member
Man you have been working on that swap for along time how much longer till its complete?

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I can not wait to see the final result. My 6 speed conversion in my 06 Chevy Silveradop was not that bad at all. Most parts were purchased new from the dealer:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread