Lightning 6 Speed Project Thread

bchapelo

Established Member
Any progress? I want to do this soooo bad. I have been saving my deployment to do this. Please let me know how it came out!!!!

FordFanStan

Established Member
Due to some mechanical issues Scott swapped back in the automatic and has been running it again. He did get to drive the truck a handful of times with the 6 speed, and to my understanding it was a friggin blast to drive. During the swap back to the automatic or right afterwards is when he noticed the engine issue, so he never got to test it to its full capability :(

Hopefully he will swap it back in in the future and get all the parts numbers and order of operations together so others can follow. FFS

bchapelo

Established Member
Do you know if the issues were from the transmission setup? I really want to do this swao. I am not looking for high HP numbers just want it to be manual.

FordFanStan

Established Member
The issues he had were from the IAC, nothing to do with the trans. Maybe he will come in and update again, I haven't heard from him in a while, but I did read that he just began a new job and is real busy now. FFS

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
The issues he had were from the IAC, nothing to do with the trans.

so let me get this straight.............

The guy spends thousands of dollars and countless hrs to swap in a 6spd, there is a slight issue with the "IAC" and he just puts the auto back in there on a moments notice!? :??:

WTF mate :dw:

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
so let me get this straight.............

The guy spends thousands of dollars and countless hrs to swap in a 6spd, there is a slight issue with the "IAC" and he just puts the auto back in there on a moments notice!? :??:

WTF mate :dw:

please read

.............................During the swap back to the automatic or right afterwards is when he noticed the engine issue, so he never got to test it to its full capability

only he can say why he switched back, for me having a 6-speed would be fun, but I would buy a vehicle that has a 6-speed from the factory

Last edited:

ghostrider903

Established Member
I would really like to know some more of the info on this like a parts list and why the change back to auto??:shrug: I know everybody is busy. Goodluck with a very nice truck.

Users who are viewing this thread