Lightning Blue 17R - Man what a ride

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I very good friend helped me get in the driver seat of the new R. Amazing car, the hype is real and the car feels like a high end exotic. Coming from an 03 Cobra this is a different kettle of fish but smooth power and higher strung are two phrases I would use.

The drive has made me consider selling my 03 and buying the 17 in Ruby Red. I'd like to have both (Bo Jackson) and I may be able to pull that off. The car is truly unique and the engineering into the car shows Ford know's that power without the other componentry to enjoy that power won't cut it today. Well done Ford Performance. GT350R 013.JPG

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the Lightning Blue. It looks good!

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Not Indy. Undisclosed location, undisclosed people. Before this I had only started one in a dealership. Test drive hooked me.

dom418

Established Member
Uh yeah compared to your 03 the R has to be insane. They've come so far since then. But so have prices lol

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Uh yeah compared to your 03 the R has to be insane. They've come so far since then. But so have prices lol

Yeah, they're double the price but you get more than double the car, so it's quite a bargain for those who have the means.

That blue looks good, I'd like to see it in the sun and stripe delete.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Looks awesome! I really hope ADM's go away fairly soon without having to do heavy leg work before I make some spontaneous decision on a great offer on something else.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wait, a high end exotic? There are still a number of GT500 owners who call the new GT350 trash. The problem is that everyone that drives the 350 raves about them!

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I love the Lightning Blue w/ black. I would sell my 16 track pack in a heartbeat if I could get my hands on a R without getting bent over on ADM

bpmurr

Established Member
I bet that color is even more impressive in person.

I found it to be less impressive in person. My local dealer has a 17 Escape in Lightning Blue and it just didn't have the pop I thought it would from earlier pics.

Last edited:

oldmachguy

Established Member
I found it to be less impressive in person. My local dealer has a 17 Escape in Lightning Blue and it just didn't have the pop I thought it would from earlier pics.

It's all just personal preference. I also went to see a '17 Escape in Lightning Blue. If someone with a pic hosting account will PM me an email address, I will email them a few pics I took in bright sunlight.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Sorry for the pic quality. I'll post a few more pics and hopefully they showcase the color better. If I order one it will be Ruby Red, but the Lightning blue in person was impressive and it would be my second choice.

Per the high end exotic comment. It reminded me of a GT tourer (think Maserati GTS) in cockpit feel but the R's suspension calibration with the lightness of the wheels and the compound of tire made the turn feel amazing. On Michigan pock marked roads it would tramline some but the steering gave fantastic feedback. I wonder what uniformed people would think it was without badges? The exhaust in sport mode will alert neighbors and authorities, love the ability to change character with the flip of a switch. GT350R 017.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread